Pimp my ride : 1990 Acura Integra LS
Dec 9, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Upgrades:

cold air intake -> exhaust -> eibach springs/struts/sway bars -> turbo -> wheels/tires

A paint job would be nice, and a conservative body kit can improve the looks a lot. And of course, a good stereo and speakers.

I think turbo and eibach springs will already cost $3000. =D But turbo will improve the HP the most, forget everything else
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:40 AM Post #32 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
I think turbo and eibach springs will already cost $3000. =D But turbo will improve the HP the most, forget everything else
biggrin.gif

Hah, yeah. Well, the springs aren't that much.
But, I do agree with the two mazda freaks. I wouldn't spend all that money and effort on the car. Spruce it up a bit, get an intake, exhaust, some nice wheels/tires, tint the windows a bit, get a good stereo.

If you wanted to do some real performance upgrades, you should just get a 'real' sports car, especially something with a turbo. Sell, the integra, buy an 88/89 nissan 300zx turbo (my old car
wink.gif
) for $3k, do $500 worth of modifications and have a 285hp, 14.0 second 0-60 car
smily_headphones1.gif
. Of course mine did break down every couple of months....

Dec 9, 2005 at 9:16 AM Post #33 of 77
it's a good commuter car but putting on those bolt-ons won't give the car much more power unless you equate a lot of noise with power. i would maybe do some suspension mods to make it funner to drive. some nice light weight wheels with sticky rubber would be nice too...

Dec 9, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Sell, the integra, buy an 88/89 nissan 300zx turbo (my old car
wink.gif
) for $3k, do $500 worth of modifications and have a 285hp, 14.0 second 0-60 car
smily_headphones1.gif
. Of course mine did break down every couple of months....

0-60 in 14 seconds??!!
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #37 of 77
Vacuum it, wash and wax it, and keep the oil changed regularly.
Aside from that, the car is a great example as it stands. Almost classic.

Anything you try to "add" will make it look like total ass, IMO. Just what the world needs is another posermobile with a bunch of useless crap stuck onto it. Please don't go there!

Dec 9, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #38 of 77
How about some cross-drilled rotors?
crx_brakes.jpg

integraII-type-r.jpg

Identity Crisis

prelude_SiR_white.jpg

Honda never built a Prelude SiR. Not even in Japan.
It's an Si, and there were never any white vtec cars built.

toyota_vtec.jpg

It's a Honda...
no, a Toyota...
uh, ring around the gene pool residue?

11.4et.JPG

Now this IS funny. Super-hot wheel.

cold_air_intake.JPG

CAI ram-tube in action.

Dec 9, 2005 at 12:20 PM Post #39 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
4. New paint $500

Maybe at Maaco. Aren't they even more than that?

The paint that is there now was sprayed far better than you could get for $500. Buff it and be done with it. Save your money for when the alternator gives up the ghost. Or the fuel pump.

No fun to be practical I know, but what good is a freshly-painted 16 year-old car with a dead charging system? Wasn't this car to be a hold-over? It's a great car, but it is quite old. Just keep it clean and running well, and it will serve you well. At this age anything can fail, and you want to have some rainy-day cash on hand for the repair, unless you love riding in a taxi.

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #40 of 77
Mark is always right on the mark
smily_headphones1.gif

I have decided on the following:

* Cold Air Intake / Exhaust
* Rims and Tyres
* Paint (because the current paint is scratched and one entire section on the left rear is down to the primer)
* Stereo
* Fresh interior (still deciding on specific jobs)

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #41 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
The paint that is there now was sprayed far better than you could get for $500. Buff it and be done with it

I'll email you pics of the cosmetic damage. Can you PM me your email address. Give me some advice according to what you see in the pics.

The hardest part is paying for the labor. They KILLED me when they replaced the front L and R CV Boots - $350!?!?!?!
eek.gif

I wanted to fix my blower...$350.00 including labour!!!
eek.gif

AARGH
confused.gif
basshead.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #42 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I wanted to fix my blower...$350.00 including labour!!!
eek.gif

AARGH
confused.gif
basshead.gif

But you knew that going into the purchase.

And the rated horse power in the first post is quoted incorrectly.

1.8 Liter PFI DOHC
140 Horsepower
B18A Engine

A nice paint job and a new blower motor should set you straight, until you are able to plunk down the money for your dream car.

For all of you that are commenting on the changes done so far, in the second
picture...that is something that GS is showing as an idea, to what he wants it to look like, not what it looks like now.

The absence of the rear 2 doors should have been the giveaway
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #43 of 77
Get good quality parts, and think ahead about what they are going to be like to live with on a daily driver. Cold air intakes that place the filter outside and low to the ground work well, but require more maintenance, and special consideration for rainy weather. Cheap kits like those sold on Ebay can be poor fitting, ineffective, and made of low quality materials.

SAVE YOUR STOCK PARTS!!!

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #44 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
But you knew that going into the purchase

I knew that...still shocked by the % of "parts cost" and the % of "labor" cost. I should give up on Cisco and become a mechanic
smily_headphones1.gif

The part can be bought for around $50.00 LOL
eggosmile.gif

What I need to do is approach this systematically to reduce the "Labor" costs. For example - I could have added my new Brake rotors and pads when I did the CV Boot replacement. They are linked together in terms of "tasks involved" in doing both the jobs...

Time to do my spreadsheets
smily_headphones1.gif
hee hee

Quote:

And the rated horse power in the first post is quoted incorrectly.
1.8 Liter PFI DOHC
140 Horsepower
B18A Engine

140 at the crank....and there is no way I am pushing my new baby anywhere close to 6800 rpm until I pamper her a bit
biggrin.gif

This is so much fun! The good thing is that I had initially budgeted a LOT more money towards a car purchase...now I have a lot more money to play with to pimp my ride - but I want to be smart about how I play the "Labor" game...

Any tips?

The Pirellis are awesome...I wouldnt want to change them until they wear out. I ran into a patch of ice, understeered a bit, all 4 tires hooked up and BAM...cornered like rails on the ice.

AWESOME!!

Dec 9, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #45 of 77
As Aron correctly pointed out. This is how I want my car to look after the "treatments".

* Fresh Paint
* lowering and suspension
* Tinted glass
* Black rims and tires
* Simple body-kit as the car in the picture below
* No wings / pseudo-aero treatments
* Cold aid intake + Exhaust
* Clear front headlights + stock rear headlights
* Short-Shifter + Clutch
* Interior cosmetic treatments
* Nice stereo

20.jpg

I have borrowed my friend's Ford Focus (he is away for 2 months to Amsterdam) and I now have a Garage....

Car stripping begins today
eggosmile.gif

WOO HOO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back