Pimp my Go-Vibe V5
Sep 18, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
I see you have an iRiver. Perhaps you'd be interested in making in skins for your unit's younger brother, the H320? I know I'd be appreciative...

Btw, I LOVE orange.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, your go-vibe skins look nice.

I'm almost done with the skin for the h320. I'll post it later along with a matching go-vibe v5. The theme, of course, is ORANGE. I like it! Check back tomorrow.

Sep 19, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #18 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger
All Go-Vibe orders are shipped by the next business day. If you sent the funds by Paypal, you should have received a confirmation email from me to your Paypal email address, to say that your order was received and when it would be shipped.
There are no outstanding orders in my system at this time.
smily_headphones1.gif

just checked, i know what happened. you e-mailed my other address that i haven't used in years. i just checked it, and there was the e-mail. good stuff, thanks man. sorry for the confusion.

Sep 19, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

I'm almost done with the skin for the h320. I'll post it later along with a matching go-vibe v5. The theme, of course, is ORANGE. I like it! Check back tomorrow.

Schwing! This will be the first time I've opened up the H320 in a while... I have to say, I'm pretty excited.
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #20 of 52
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the iriver H3xx series & Go-Vibe V5 special edition custom skins: Orange Theme.

This was all done from scratch using photoshop (except for the "instruments" of the band; those are simply photos I looked for in google and resized to fit my design accordingly (hey, expecting me to draw that as well would just be asking too much from me, you know!)

ENJOY!

For GoVibe V5 inset:

Alternate GoVibe V5 inset (this one is darker to "attempt" to match the h3xx labels once put under the tinted h3xx unit (the tinted covers darken the labels. click thumbnail to enlarge):

For H320 (the labels will look darker than this once placed under the tinted covers of the h3xx unit):

For H340 (the labels will look darker than this once placed under the tinted covers of the h3xx unit):

PLEASE READ: The H320 and H340 skins are identical, except that the front cover has the series number written on it, hence why I had to post both. Also, the cover size in BOTH pieces is for the H340 ONLY. In order for these to print out correctly, you must go to misticriver.net. Once there, use the search function and look for "H3Tool." Download that.
Edit: Here's the link for downloading it, you lazy bums:
http://www.mfve.nine.ch/iriver/

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!: The pictures you see here are not at the correct size for printing. You must have photoshop or some other image-manipulating software that lets you resize pictures. I had to save duplicates in a smaller size because imageshack cannot host the true sizes (I exceeded the limit by just a little! argh! How annoying!). Thus, the pics you see here are set at a resolution of 100 pixels/inch. You MUST change that to 300 pixels/inch (which sets the picture to 1684x1338 pixels), save it, then open up H3Tool. Once there, click on the "Create Inskin" icon and pick "open inskin." Well, open the one you just resized, obviously. Check the box for H320 if you have an H320(this corrects the size of the back label), if not, leave unchecked to print for H340. Hit print, and you're set to go! (Read up on misticriver on how to take apart your H3xx).

If, for some reason, you cannot resize the pics, send me a private message with an e-mail to which I can send the correctly-sized inskin to, and send me $20 via paypal... nah, kidding about the money part).

As for printing the GoVibe V5 label, simply import the picture into word, and print it on your paper/label of choice.

Info for the curious: The reason I decided to go with the "orange theme" was because ipod is apple. And the iriver h3xx series are NOT like ipods at all. It's like comparing apples and oranges... apple's ipods and iriver's oranges. Get it? Oh forget it... you people don't even indulge me a bit.

EDIT: My label sheets (the ones I mentioned up a few posts back, the waterproof ones) just got here! Yes! UPDATE: I ordered a couple of sheets and have printed it out and stuck the new orange-theme Go-Vibe V5 label it unto the amp. Look at page two for pics!

I'm really digging how the band (the "Screaming Oranges") came out! SHHHHHHHHHHHWEET!

Sep 19, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #22 of 52
That's the sweetest in skin I've ever seen. I'll resize and install it sometime tonight (if I have the time so don't count on it!!!!) and post pictures for you guys.

Thanks a BUNCH!

Sep 19, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #23 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
dude, you ROCK!
those are awesome!

I almost want to change my rig so I can use these . . . .
biggrin.gif

well, we should design one for our PINTs!

Sep 19, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #24 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino

Which is why I mentioned pell-off/self-stick plastic sheet
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
Which is why I mentioned pell-off/self-stick plastic sheet
wink.gif

Like I said, if you guys give me the dimensions, I can help out. You'd have to give me a theme though. Much easier that way.

Sep 20, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #26 of 52
The in skin wont open correctly in the in skin modding program I downloaded from MisticRiver. I'll have to manually resize it. I don't think it's happening tonight...

1117: Can you give me the pixel width and height of the correctly sized dimensions? I have AdobePhotoshop 9.0 CS2 and I know how to work my way around the program to some extent. I could easily resize it by myself, but trial and error isn't looking like too much fun right now... Thanks.

Sep 20, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #27 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
The in skin wont open correctly in the in skin modding program I downloaded from MisticRiver. I'll have to manually resize it. I don't think it's happening tonight...

1117: Can you give me the pixel width and height of the correctly sized dimensions? I have AdobePhotoshop 9.0 CS2 and I know how to work my way around the program to some extent. I could easily resize it by myself, but trial and error isn't looking like too much fun right now... Thanks.

Yeah, I knew that would pose a problem if you tried to do it directly (I wrote about that in the "this is very important" section. The pixel dimensions are also listed there. Maybe you overlooked it: change the resolution to 300 pixels per inch, and the picture should now be 1684x1338). Once you get it to those dimensions, it should import into H3Tool with no problems.

If you want, I can just e-mail the files to you (if so, tell me whether you want the h320 or the h340. The original files are huge, so it will print out at best quality possible).

Sep 20, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
Like I said, if you guys give me the dimensions, I can help out. You'd have to give me a theme though. Much easier that way.

OK got the size covered:
Hammond 1455C802BK L-3.15 W-2.13 H-0.91
so . . .
(2.13 + .91 + 2.13 + .91) = 6.08" Long X 3.15" Wide
maybe 6.25 or 6.5 for a little overlap at the seam?

Sep 20, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #30 of 52
So do you guys want the same design as the go-vibe's only resized for the PINT, or do you want me to come up with something new altogether? Also, someone post or link me to a pic of the PINT I'm supposed to work with, so I can get some inspiration.

Edit: I'm really enjoying the fact that my Go-Vibe will look more friendly in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back