Pimp my Go-Vibe V5
Sep 16, 2006 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

1000+ Head-Fier
Now that I got your attention, I noticed that the hammond case of the Go-Vibe V5 has a clear face section that can serve well to hold a pic of any sort.

So what did I do? I went to photoshopping a faceplate for it, of course! I wanted a clean, simple, fun design. Not only does it pimp out your Go-Vibe v5 a bit as far as looks go, but also people can SEE what that other black object attached to your mp3 player is (not to mention that, given this day and age, anything without labels and with protruding wires looks suspicious, so this might help out some in the airport -then again, maybe not, as I haven't tested out airport security with my new label).

Assuming you like to velcro your amp and DAP together, the ideal thing would be to have the velcro attachments on the battery compartment side, so that the "clean" part is free for decoration.

Here is a simple design in various color schemes for your printing pleasure. If you desire another color not here, let me know the color you want, and I will change the background color accordingly.

Note: I'm doing custom artwork. I'd like to see how this goes first. If people like this idea of gluing pics to the amp, I'll do some custom designs.

FOR BEST RESULTS: A quality printer is a must, of course, and after that, photo paper works best since it has a nice, clean, glossy look to it (not to mention its thickness is more durable than normal printing paper). As far as gluing it on, I have no glue of any kind at my house, which means I will have to go get some (or perhaps some thin double-sided tape will work best). Let me (and everyone else here) know how it goes! I have already checked out some waterproof sticker label paper online through google. Look around for something similar, if you so desire. UPDATE: I ordered a couple of sheets and have printed it out and stuck it unto the amp. Look at page two for pics!

If you have a digital camera, please post a pic or two.

Click on thumbnails for larger view. The label looks big because I made it at 200 dpi. When you print it, however, it should print perfect size. Just save the pic to your pc, open up microsoft word, and insert the picture from the folder you saved it in.

BLUE:

COPPER:

GOLD:

GREEN:

ORANGE:

RED:

STEEL:

VINYL:

(Two other vinyl versions on page two)

YELLOW:

NOTE: If any of you guys want any of the above tweaked a bit (lighter, darker, no www address, etc., let me know and I will gladly make the changes).

Sep 16, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 52
Looks pretty good, but you should consider changing the url to "www.go-vibe-headphoneamp.com" (Looks much better and more professional, if you ask me, than having an "http://" in front and a "/" at the end).

Sep 16, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Looks pretty good, but you should consider changing the url to "www.go-vibe-headphoneamp.com" (Looks much better and more professional, if you ask me, than having an "http://" in front and a "/" at the end).

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion. I've made the changes. It indeed looks better, a cleaner look.

Sep 17, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 52
I see you have an iRiver. Perhaps you'd be interested in making in skins for your unit's younger brother, the H320? I know I'd be appreciative...

Btw, I LOVE orange.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, your go-vibe skins look nice.

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
I see you have an iRiver. Perhaps you'd be interested in making in skins for your unit's younger brother, the H320? I know I'd be appreciative...

Btw, I LOVE orange.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, your go-vibe skins look nice.

Yeah, I'm working on an inskin design for that today. In fact, it's the only reason why I haven't opened up the h320 to change the battery I just bought: I want to have the inskin ready to avoid the hassle of opening it up again.

Sep 17, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 52
This could be great on a self-stick plastic film, which might better lend itself to removal should that be desired later as well as stay cleaner.

Sep 17, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 52
1117: My wording must have sounded awkward before. I could have sworn your sig said H120... No sweat. Now you too can benefit from your in-skin creations.
tongue.gif
I'll be looking forward to them.

Will you post them in here or will you head on over to the portable forum?

Keep in mind I like orange!
very_evil_smiley.gif
You've got some stiff competition too...

This is the in-skin I made. (Like 10 minutes in Photoshop...) I'm loving it so far.

The orange is definitely more gradient than my camera shows. I printed it out on the highest quality setting my printer has and on good quality photo paper. It looks sweet...
P1000885.jpg

You can't see it that well, but the blue background sort of shifts in color and makes it look like the seahorse is underwater. Pretty snazzy.
P1000866.jpg

Before the seahorse it was:
P1000849.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
This could be great on a self-stick plastic film, which might better lend itself to removal should that be desired later as well as stay cleaner.

But the "sticker" on the exterior would fade really quickly after being shoved into pockets and whatnot. Not to mention it'll get rubbed off entirely. Also, what's keeping stickers from being glued to any portable amp? This fitted interior design looks a lot more professional and is exclusive to the Go-Vibe (V5?) which lends itself nicely to the Go-Vibe fans out there.

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 52
http://www.onlinelabels.com/material...jet_labels.htm
(these are all weatherproof)
http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL500wj.htm
(but this is the size I will be using. there is another size that is closer to the actual size, but maybe too close. I need a slightly larger label size in case the picture doesn't print centered on the smaller labels and strays off the cut. Any excess label material can be nicely cut with a box cutter or similar product, like an x-acto knife. I hope you understand what I meant)

quote:
Material Details: Our weatherproof inkjet label sheets are made from a durable vinyl material with permanent adhesive. The material is waterproof and the ink from a standard inkjet printer will encapsulate into a specially formulated top-coating upon printing. Once printed, the ink will not smear when touched with a wet hand or soaked in water. Excellent results with most types of inkjet printers. The weatherproof label material is popular for label applications where durability is important or a waterproof label is required.

biggrin.gif

Of course, these are for inkjet printers. They have some for laser printers as well. There are other sites that have similar labels, and I have even some some "easily removable" labels as well, but for the most part they sell the papers at a minimum order ranging in $30US. That's just too much for a simple whim. Anyway, I've placed an order for a couple of sheets. Once they get here, I will post some pics of the final results (I got a digital camera now!). I ordered five sheets from the above mentioned site, $10.50 +$5shipping +$1 tax. One sheet costs around $8. So for two bucks more you get 5 times the number of labels. Of course, some of you might not want to spend that much for just a label. Anyway, wait for me to see the quality of these sheets before you order.

Also, I'll gladly make some artwork for other amps as long as I am given the correct dimensions (preferably in cm, since this is a bit more accurate to measure with than with inches, not to mention it is a worldwide standard, but inches is still ok).

UPDATE (PICS ON PAGE TWO!): The label of my choice works perfectly. It leaves about 1/2" margins all around because it is bigger than the design, which is good because it gives room to line up it in MS Word (the sheet label margins are given on the site, too, which is nice! Makes aligning it a bit on the center of each label easier!). I peeled off the 1st label after it had set for testing on how much residue it leaves. It leaves a LOT. Scrubbing with alcohol takes care of that, though. As for the label material itself, it does not smear to the touch and seems very durable. I recommend it or anything similar (whatever you pick, make sure it's waterproof! you don't want sweat melting the image). I had tried photo paper in comparison. Though photo paper gives more detailed results (which I did like), a simple damp napkin smeared the image (which is very very bad and outweighs the clarity of detail achieved). I'd stay away from photo paper unless you treat it with some sort of fixative or cover it with oversized clear tape (I looked for some of that oversize tape around my house, but didn't have any).

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #10 of 52
you must have gotten a different case from mine. my gv5 is all black

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #11 of 52
khbaur, that h320 inskin looks sweet! As for the amp, if I were you, I'd do a similar design to match the iriver. I'd probably just take my orange Go-Vibe V5 label and slap that seahorse somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrycro
you must have gotten a different case from mine. my gv5 is all black

No, we all get the same one. I'm simply sticking a label on it. The Go-Vibe V5 has a face that is just screaming to be fitted with a design (the face opposite the battery compartment, obviously).

Sep 17, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
khbaur, that h320 inskin looks sweet! As for the amp, if I were you, I'd do a similar design to match the iriver. I'd probably just take my orange Go-Vibe V5 label and slap that seahorse somewhere.

Thanks! I didn't put that much time into it, but I think it came out well. Complements are always welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

However, I think you misunderstood me. I don't actually have a Go-Vibe. I'm not able to use these Go-Vibe logos. I simply asked you if you could make an in-skin for the H320 because I might end up liking yours better than mine. Check my sig for the equipment I have/that's coming. I have a pair of Sony MDR-V700Dj's as well, but those aren't in my sig 'cause people would laugh at me....

Sep 18, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme
hey did norm send you guys emails after the amp was shipped? doesn't say on his site. i sent him the money on friday, so he hasn't had the time to ship it though.

All Go-Vibe orders are shipped by the next business day. If you sent the funds by Paypal, you should have received a confirmation email from me to your Paypal email address, to say that your order was received and when it would be shipped.
There are no outstanding orders in my system at this time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back