Pimp my Go-Vibe V5
Sep 20, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever
When did Norm re-start making the Go-Vibe? Where have I been?

Yeah, I only found out recently as well and was pleasantly surprised. Check out his post in mall-fi.

Sep 20, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
So do you guys want the same design as the go-vibe's only resized for the PINT, or do you want me to come up with something new altogether? Also, someone post or link me to a pic of the PINT I'm supposed to work with, so I can get some inspiration.

Edit: I'm really enjoying the fact that my Go-Vibe will look more friendly in public.

I love the 3-d lettering you did on the Go-Vibe one and love similar on the PINT one. Personally, I prefer purples to orange
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
OK got the size covered:
Hammond 1455C802BK L-3.15 W-2.13 H-0.91
so . . .
(2.13 + .91 + 2.13 + .91) = 6.08" Long X 3.15" Wide
maybe 6.25 or 6.5 for a little overlap at the seam?

Wait, hold on, you want a label that wraps around the ENTIRE unit? That changes layout completely when working, since I have to take into account where the label "folds." Please clarify.

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Wait, hold on, you want a label that wraps around the ENTIRE unit? That changes layout completely when working, since I have to take into account where the label "folds." Please clarify.

well, yes . . . that's what I was thinking. But it needn't be, it could just be the top side (2 x 3)

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
well, yes . . . that's what I was thinking. But it needn't be, it could just be the top side (2 x 3)

This is why I'd like to see a pic of the amp, so I know how best to incorporate the layout. =P

I don't mind doing a full wrap-around. However, that seam will be tricky... I think the best way would be to do a test print-out of the wrap around to best decide where the seam should go (on an edge? on the center of one of the main faces? on the center of the sides?). Personally, I'd go for a seam at one of the sides, and not overlap it but leave a minuscule break in between, so that it can be peeled off easily. And since you like purple, I'll do a special BARNEY skin for you, ahahahahaha! (just kidding about the Barney part). I have to think of a theme, since no one is suggesting anything, though. I don't want to do the whole metallic look I did with the Go-Vibe. I want to try something new.

Sep 20, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #37 of 52
Pictures of the Go-Vibe V5 with the new orange-theme (printed on waterproof label, cut to size with a razor blade).

The design fits perfectly, no trimming needed!

Edit: that little tinny itty bitty white line on the left edge of the label bugs me so much! I kind of nicked a bit of the sticker there. Grrr! I'm almost tempted to reprint it just to get rid of that. =P

I need a new razor, the one I used was, well, used!

Sep 20, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Pictures of the Go-Vibe V5 with the new orange-theme (printed on waterproof label, cut to size with a razor blade).

The design fits perfectly, no trimming needed!

Edit: that little tinny itty bitty white line on the left edge of the label bugs me so much! I kind of nicked a bit of the sticker there. Grrr! I'm almost tempted to reprint it just to get rid of that. =P

I need a new razor, the one I used was, well, used!

Beautiful work, enjoy it.

Sep 20, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

VINYL:

Can you make one like this without the url?

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #41 of 52
Nice, I will try it out when I get some labels.....

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #42 of 52
Wow. Your Go-Vibe like glows in the dark.
tongue.gif
It looks sweet though. Great job.

The in skin for the H320 was resized in Photoshop (I guess you can't change ppi in Image Ready... frustrating) and then opened in H3Tool. Everything works fine, but when I go to print (H320 ticked) it prints at full size. (Meaning ginormous) I'll have to resize it visually by just eyeballing it unless you already know the specifications at which they have to print out at. (If not, no biggie)

I'll try and get pics up by the end of the week.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
Wow. Your Go-Vibe like glows in the dark.
tongue.gif
It looks sweet though. Great job.

The in skin for the H320 was resized in Photoshop (I guess you can't change ppi in Image Ready... frustrating) and then opened in H3Tool. Everything works fine, but when I go to print (H320 ticked) it prints at full size. (Meaning ginormous) I'll have to resize it visually by just eyeballing it unless you already know the specifications at which they have to print out at. (If not, no biggie)

I'll try and get pics up by the end of the week.

I just finished taking off the back plate of the iriver. Goodness, what a hassle that is! But it's worth it! Anyway, the back of the iriver is tinted, so the picture looks darker than what I'd like it to be. But that can't be fixed since the cover of the h320 itself is tinted a bit. Oh well.

By the way, the picture imports into h3tool just fine for me, and prints perfectly. And as a test, I used the one I uploaded to image shack. I save it to my pc, open up photoshop, go to image size, change resolution to 300 dpi, and make sure the pic size is 1684x1338. I don't know why you're having problems. I can send you the file so you dont have to eyeball it. That's a pain. Give me an email address to send it to.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #44 of 52
I've done all that. I've resized it, opened it up in H3Tool perfectly and everything. It's when I click print in H3Tool. The prints are just huge...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back