Pictures of your speaker setup!
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #106 of 206
Jul 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #110 of 206

Besides a different house, it's been more or less the been the same for years. 

What are those behemoths?

Hey, how does one do that spoiler alert thing with quotes? 
confused.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #112 of 206
  Besides a different house, it's been more or less the been the same for years. 

Beautiful setup.  I love the 60's modern-aesthetic.  I've followed some Tannoy auctions in the past online but they have always been too pricey for me.

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #113 of 206
If I had the money to pursue top end speakers I would be investigating the current production retro designs.  Tannoy dual concentrics, JBL Everest, and Klipsch Heritage.  I have identifies big midwoofers as the drivers that can deliver the goods I desire.  A simple experiment with maximum warmth eq settings on various speaker sizes reveals to me a glistening, sparkling lower mid on big woofers that small woofers cannot seem to attain.  The sub could be small...but not the midwoofer...for medium field.

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #114 of 206
After hearing the Klipsch La Scala when I was 14 years old, owning those speakers was the goal I wanted to someday achieve. It's been 40 years since that day, and I have no doubt it would be impossible for the La Scala to live up to my memory. But I still hang on to the dream... :wink:

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #115 of 206
40 years and still going with the same formula for the La Scala's....will the current zillion buck speakers model be around in 10 years time with their cutting edge 'break throughs?

Of course not. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #116 of 206
as I posted, if you guys want good sound on a budget use the speakers I have.  It's still a healthy budget but check out the following...

I use PSB's for my living room.  Specifically the Image line they just discontinued.  
http://www.psbspeakers.com/

I use Aperion Audio for my theater room.  I use all their top of the line equipment.  Grand Verus.
These speakers are loud, full range, and do not distort.  Plus they're a beauty to look at.  I posted them a few pages back in this thread.
http://www.aperionaudio.com/

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #120 of 206

Users who are viewing this thread

Back