Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #7,951 of 37,649

Whoa....what plug are you using to go into the fostex? Did you have to modify the opening around the jack or did you find a plug which fit into the factory recess?

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #7,954 of 37,649
Nope single ended. This is a loaner and I do not have my Fusion TRRS cable yet
frown.gif

Thanks, Mim.... really interested to see if you will go through the purchase for these iems.... trust that you like to keep the best only.

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #7,955 of 37,649
Love this combo...hm901 is best with dt1350...very wonderful sound !

Thanks music for your recommendation....I am fortunate enough to find silver shadow mod version in local classified and the price was agreeable with me....

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #7,956 of 37,649
Just finished up my "On the airplane" setup.  Now that iOS 7 lets you output to an external DAC via USB (albeit through the CCK and a USB hub) I took the idea and ran with it.  My source is my iPhone 5 to an iBasso D12 and out to my Mad Dogs.  I managed to stuff the CCK, a tiny USB hub, and three feet of mini-USB cable inside a tiny aluminum box to keep everything neat and tidy.  Very pleased with the aesthetics and the sound!  The D12 is a great match for the Mad Dogs.

Here's everything crammed inside the box.  It looks a mess, but it works great.

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #7,957 of 37,649
What keeps me sane at the office. Sorry, Not very good at taking pics.

Unfortunately been told recently headphones can't be used anymore as they were too "loud". Not sonically. Just too obvious. =[

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #7,958 of 37,649
Thanks music for your recommendation....I am fortunate enough to find silver shadow mod version in local classified and the price was agreeable with me....

Can't imagine the sound by using that cable of yours...must be like heaven...haha...playing 24bit flac on hm901 and dt1350 stock cabled for me is WOW already :)

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #7,961 of 37,649
Let's make this whole spoiler concept stick. In order to do this, just quote the picture you want to respond to, copy it, then after deleting the original "visible" quote in the editor, paste it in a spoiler
hDDnd7

What if we enjoy looking at these rigs second time around?:)

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #7,962 of 37,649
listening vocal jazz through this combo is very pleasure ! Never thought ATH3000ANV is able to perform at this level of clarity..really impressed with how good M8 render the sound...i think both is a perfect combination IMO.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #7,963 of 37,649
  listening vocal jazz through this combo is very pleasure ! Never thought ATH3000ANV is able to perform at this level of clarity..really impressed with how good M8 render the sound...i think both is a perfect combination IMO.

Hey music.... how many portable setups do you have?

Can you rate their SQ? My current setups tell me that HM901 balance is still the king...

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #7,965 of 37,649
Actually i do..even though VERY VERY slight difference (to almost nothing) but i find through the 6.3mm the sound is a bit smoother, especially when i focused on the bass. Anything else is hard to spot any differences...but i feel like the MIDS is also different. With 3,5mm, the mids seems like a tad more presence and more treble energy maybe - not too sure, but i like to use the 6.3mm port.
i found via the 3.5mm that it was more warmer and mid centered, via the larger 1/4 via adapter to 3.5mm out i found it to be more crisp and lighter, focussed.
I only tried one adapter so far, i have two others to compare.
Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back