Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 1, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #7,006 of 37,711

No, here's a picture of them next to my 8.A's:

When are you gonna tell us?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #7,008 of 37,711

I did read about that one, but thought it was more pricey than $65. Hence the confusion.

That too. But really must first understand what the mod is/does.

Thanks both.

Have a look on the Red Wine Audio website it explains what they do to Mod the AK100...might help

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #7,009 of 37,711

I did read about that one, but thought it was more pricey than $65. Hence the confusion.

That too. But really must first understand what the mod is/does.

Thanks both.

Well, technically $250 is overpriced. Modders in Korea do it for $50, and modders in Russia do it for $15. $65 sounds fair.
Essentially, the mod bypasses the 22ohm resistor and it's components, which leads to a cleaner sound without the impedance issue(good for iems).

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #7,010 of 37,711

Well, technically $250 is overpriced. Modders in Korea do it for $50, and modders in Russia do it for $15. $65 sounds fair.
Essentially, the mod bypasses the 22ohm resistor and it's components, which leads to a cleaner sound without the impedance issue(good for iems).

Yet RedWine did the work to discover it and it does take a couple hours from in to out to do it right and test. They also direct connect from the amp to jack and not just bypass the resistor. Paid for labor isn't cheap and if there's a failure, who covers that elsewhere?  You're likely out a DAP. It goes into the price. If I'm in the States, I would just give it to them if I want it done. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #7,011 of 37,711

Yet RedWine did the work to discover it and it does take a couple hours from in to out to do it right and test. They also direct connect from the amp to jack and not just bypass the resistor. Paid for labor isn't cheap and if there's a failure, who covers that elsewhere?  You're likely out a DAP. It goes into the price. If I'm in the States, I would just give it to them if I want it done. 

I agree...I believe Vinnie Guarantees his work for 12 months. I would be very surpised if at $50 dollars you get a guarantee (although I may be wrong)...even less likely at $15.00

If I was modding my DAP I think I would want to know that if it went wrong due to the work carried out I could get it repaired / replaced. Expensive otherwise.

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #7,013 of 37,711
He did it right! I will be sitting my final year exam by the end of this month! My last exam was... Errr...
biggrin.gif
well I ended up dating with Head-Fi during 30%~ of my study time hehe

Mine really should say "Account suspended until October 2023 while VISA card is recovering"

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #7,015 of 37,711
My latest and greatest iteration.  My buddy Demon Fox told me about this Arrow 3G, saying the bass was the best ever................and he was right.  I don't even have it turned up to level two boost on this and loving it.

iPod Classic---->Arrow 3G----> Ultrasone Edition 8 

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #7,019 of 37,711

was quite a fail when i chose it, i come to realize :D should get an amp to go with my ipod touch 4g and asg-1... maybe an e11?

well I was actually referring to this:

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #7,020 of 37,711

I'm not saying that RWA is bad. They get my applause for discovering this mod. But $250 just seems like bit much. If it was something like $150, I would happy do it. $250 seems to be pushing the limits a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back