Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #4,756 of 37,648

This is my rig :
Denon LA 2000 + whipmod ipod classic 60gb(5th gen)+ Headstage Arrow 3rd Gen

also can switch to HD 650 and Westone UM3X with the same rig

I dunno if I can consider this a portablr setup lol. BTW this thread got very nice rigs.

Those Lawton wood cups are gorgeous. Did you get the full treatment with the damping mods, etc.? I have that with my stock-cupped D-2000 and love the sound out of my vintage amp.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #4,758 of 37,648
My Saturday morning Coffee Rig with new cables and modded T70p

iPhone 4S - CLAS Solo - Rx Mk3-B - T70p
All cables Forza AudioWorks and include - Silver Mini to Mini IC - Silver 32pin LOD to USB - Clair HP Cable terminated with XLR Mini Connectors

The T70p have been modified by Matthew at Forza to Dual Entry Mini XLR Connectors

Great sounding Rig....cables are excellent and have been built really well. Must say I'm very impressed with this rig :)

Hi Jason

How is the SQ from your T 70 P ?

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #4,762 of 37,648
Hi Jason

How is the SQ from your T 70 P ?

Hi Rudi,

I have just got my T70p back from Forza Audioworks and must say I am really impressed with the workmanship of the mods. The headphone cable is the copper cable and to my ears this has definately improved the overall sound from the stock cable.

I loved the standard T70p but found that occasionally the high end could be a bit grating.....with the FAW Clair cable I find that the highs have been tamed, the bass is still very good...it doesn't add to the music but if the bass is there then you hear it in the headphones....well extended and solid (not bloated). The midrange is also very good...especially with female vocals.

I think that the extra power provided by the Rx Mk3-B also provides better dynamics and soundstage across the board.

I am now waiting for my other new cable to arrive which I bought from a guy on here with an ALO balanced connector.....I'm really interested in hearing how different the balanced out sounds on the Rx compared to SE output.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #4,763 of 37,648
myqyjyta.jpg
2u4apata.jpg

Jh-3a + JH-16s
Tera player stealth edition
Moon audio silver dragon interconnect
Moon audio silver dragon IEM cable

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #4,764 of 37,648
Just appreciated your photos on headphile. Great to see you around.

Jun 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #4,767 of 37,648
Quote:
Hi
I know only alo Rx 3 B and idevice
Can you share what are the rest from your transportable rigs ?

Oh, those, sir, are nothing compared to your rigs. 

iPod Classic 5.5 Gen (the much-ballyhooed iPod with Wolfson 87588G DAC) stacked over the ALO RxMK3b.  I guess the 2 diminutive knobs in front gave it away. Underneath it is a Walkman F806 dap and on the bottom is a custom-built portable amp called K-Cmoy that can authoritatively drive a T1.  Those are 2 rigs stacked together.  The top is to drive my HD650. The one on the bottom to drive my T1.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4,768 of 37,648
My Saturday morning Coffee Rig with new cables and modded T70p

iPhone 4S - CLAS Solo - Rx Mk3-B - T70p
All cables Forza AudioWorks and include - Silver Mini to Mini IC - Silver 32pin LOD to USB - Clair HP Cable terminated with XLR Mini Connectors

The T70p have been modified by Matthew at Forza to Dual Entry Mini XLR Connectors

Great sounding Rig....cables are excellent and have been built really well. Must say I'm very impressed with this rig :)

wow you got a very nice rig there too, I'm loving the cables which would be my nxt upgrade in the future. I thought my setup was too big for being a portable and I guess I was wrong lol.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #4,769 of 37,648
I have still keep my arrow 3 G like you :D

yeah I haven't upgraded mine and I still remember waiting the arrow for months though lol. I heard they release a new version which is the 4T still thinking if I will gonna upgrade or not.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #4,770 of 37,648
Those Lawton wood cups are gorgeous. Did you get the full treatment with the damping mods, etc.? I have that with my stock-cupped D-2000 and love the sound out of my vintage amp.

Thanks :) yeah it's fully modded with the dampening and stuff, the cups are even more gorgeous in personal thats why I'm extra carefull with them when using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back