Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #4,696 of 37,653
My new Portable Rig

As you can see, there are no rubber bands used here to keep the amplifier and iPod coupled together.

Notice that there's a clean opening for the "Out" port for headphones

How was this done? Simply apply adhesive double-sided foam (not recommended if you don't want this setup to be permanent)

Notice the back panel of the Fiio E11 is free for swapping faulty/dead batteries

Restricted to one iPod Nano? Think again, this protective iPod Nano case serves as a housing unit that allows easy swapping in & out of multiple iPod Nano's

Here's the housing unit empty. Notice that the Fiio battery indicator is easily visible with or with out an iPod inside the case

Here's a different view of the setup, notice that the clamp allows breathable space between the Fiio E11 and the iPod Nano

Here's a pic of my Portable Rig powering my Audio Technica ATH-A900X

Hope you enjoyed it folks and fellow head-fiers

Very nice pictures and very clean layout for portable rig

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #4,698 of 37,653
Quote:
I am waiting my TUR 06 , if it launching soon as portable rig look so cool
I like TU 05 , but the size is quiet big for portable and at home I have my T + A, that's why I don't buy TU 05 .

I think I'm going to do the same thing.  AnakChan's review pushed me over the edge...

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #4,699 of 37,653
Been a little while since I posted in here.

Here's one rig Ive been enjoying a lot recently, 

iPod Video 5.5G 80gb Rockbox'd.
Silver Leopard LOD.
Graham Slee Voyager.
Grado SR60.

Hi Paul
Long time not seen your Pictures
Please keep posting , I like to see your pictures from your audio gear and from other head fi friends as well.
Pictures speak more than thousand words , because of my limitation of English
It is more interesting than I write in broken English .

My goal to share pictures is that my friend can decide which ones from my set up is pass to them.
And can save Money .

Please don't follow my bad habit to buy many portable gear :D

My wife complain :
Why you don't buy gold instead gold cable , if you need money you sell your gold you can get fresh money :p

Cheers

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #4,705 of 37,653
Hi Paul
Long time not seen your Pictures
Please keep posting , I like to see your pictures from your audio gear and from other head fi friends as well.
Pictures speak more than thousand words , because of my limitation of English
It is more interesting than I write in broken English .

My goal to share pictures is that my friend can decide which ones from my set up is pass to them.
And can save Money .

Please don't follow my bad habit to buy many portable gear :D

My wife complain :
Why you don't buy gold instead gold cable , if you need money you sell your gold you can get fresh money :p

Cheers
But if you really are typing this stuff in English than that means you have better grammar than all the people in public housing where I work... Sad part is that I'm in the USA lol

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #4,707 of 37,653
thanks, when I am moving around I make it as light as possible but you have to admit the
stack has its place, plan on adding amp soon 
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #4,708 of 37,653
Quote:
thanks, when I am moving around I make it as light as possible but you have to admit the
stack has its place, plan on adding amp soon 
biggrin.gif

Personally, I've never felt the need to add an amp to my DX100...

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #4,709 of 37,653
Quote:
Sadly, I'm afraid the iPod Nano 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G won't fit into that case.

Nevertheless, thank you for the thorough instructions on how to leave the "Out" port clear. I was getting rather worried that there was no entry point to the amp for my interconnect.

You are correct, but to be clear, that's not what I mean when I said that "you can swap out mulitiple iPod Nano's". What I meant was that since 7th Gen iPod Nano's have small space size in nature, once you use up all the space on one 7th Gen Nano, you can swap out a 7th Gen Nano that doesn't have music you want with one that does. It's pretty easy to fill up a 16GB Nano with AAC 256bit files, so in most cases, you'd need an additional Nano, or maybe you're Nano dies and needs to be repaired or replaced, which ever the case, my set up compliments those situations :) But like I said above the corresponding picture, it's not advisable if you don't want the set up to be permanent. My set up is clutter free of slip mats and thick rubber bands, but comes at the cost of restricting the set up to 7th Gen iPod Nano's. I personally love it so far. It's just so convenient and portable.

This is the first time I've seen anyone do this, so naturally, I'm expecting this method to meet much criticism and speculation. But I stand by it, so I'm willing to answer those criticisms :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back