Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 11, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #4,668 of 37,653
Nice set up, Rudi! How are those Sig DJs sounding? I'm sure you know this but there's absolutely no audible difference between WAV and FLAC unless the encoder left any artefacts. Unlike MP3 and other lossy codecs, lossless ones only compress so smaller files and that can be totally reversed meaning nothing is changed/altered.

The only reason you should be ripping into WAV is if you wanted the option to encode it in another format down the line. 

Thank you

Sig DJ sound very Good pair With AK 120

My opinion WAV music file is the best SQ compare to Other music file.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #4,671 of 37,653
My new amp Wagnus just arrived this evening

Source : AK 120
Ibasso HDP R10
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Audeze LCD 3
Cable : many branded and DIY mini to mini

SQ : my best portable amp to date
SQ like high end full desktop

I can not believe Wagnus run only with 2 x 1,5 Volt AA battery , can produce so excellent SQ
And so powerful .:D

Wagnus : is excellent for headphone , it is not so good for iem it is to powerful :D

Please see my impression here :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649717/portable-headphone-amplifier-bialbero-epsilon-s-for-the-best-professional-studio-that-was-developed-in-collaboration-with-professional-custom-manufacturer-toneflake

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #4,672 of 37,653
That is a neat little amp you have there :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that must be the most expensive portable amp out there.
Deary me.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #4,673 of 37,653
That is a neat little amp you have there :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that must be the most expensive portable amp out there.

Deary me.

Yes you are right Tom Yum Goong
Wagnus is one the most expensive portable amp in Japan .
If you hear Wagnus you forget the price , SQ so excellent
You never think that is come out from portable amp .
That's why many Tone ingeneering in Japan use Wagnus as portable monitoring amp

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #4,674 of 37,653
Not sure that I want to follow the Wagnus but here's my set up. 4S,Headstage Arrow 4G, Sennheiser IE8's with ACS custom tips. I'm really pleased with the sound and super portability.

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #4,675 of 37,653
My new Portable Rig

As you can see, there are no rubber bands used here to keep the amplifier and iPod coupled together.

Notice that there's a clean opening for the "Out" port for headphones

How was this done? Simply apply adhesive double-sided foam (not recommended if you don't want this setup to be permanent)

Notice the back panel of the Fiio E11 is free for swapping faulty/dead batteries

Restricted to one iPod Nano? Think again, this protective iPod Nano case serves as a housing unit that allows easy swapping in & out of multiple iPod Nano's

Here's the housing unit empty. Notice that the Fiio battery indicator is easily visible with or with out an iPod inside the case

Here's a different view of the setup, notice that the clamp allows breathable space between the Fiio E11 and the iPod Nano

Here's a pic of my Portable Rig powering my Audio Technica ATH-A900X

Hope you enjoyed it folks and fellow head-fiers

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #4,676 of 37,653
Not sure that I want to follow the Wagnus but here's my set up. 4S,Headstage Arrow 4G, Sennheiser IE8's with ACS custom tips. I'm really pleased with the sound and super portability.

Wagnus is more for transportable amp than portable
But the weight is lighter than my HDP R10
I have the same rigs as your set up , it is very compact size with very good SQ for your set up
iPhone 4S > Arrow 4S > any iems or portable headphone :D

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #4,678 of 37,653
Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll put in the hard yards and post highly interesting, very important - no frills sentences until I'm deemed responsible enough to stick a picture of my headphone wearing gerbal up. [excuse my late reply, my computer died last week]

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #4,679 of 37,653
My new amp Wagnus just arrived this evening

Source : AK 120
Ibasso HDP R10
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Audeze LCD 3
Cable : many branded and DIY mini to mini

SQ : my best portable amp to date
SQ like high end full desktop

I can not believe Wagnus run only with 2 x 1,5 Volt AA battery , can produce so excellent SQ
And so powerful .:D

Wagnus : is excellent for headphone , it is not so good for iem it is to powerful :D

Please see my impression here :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649717/portable-headphone-amplifier-bialbero-epsilon-s-for-the-best-professional-studio-that-was-developed-in-collaboration-with-professional-custom-manufacturer-toneflake

How does this amp battle again mainstream portable-amp like : rx3b ,glacier or portaphile 627x

Sound quality between 2 dac : clas vs ak120 (dac only)

Looking foward for ur thought,rudi

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #4,680 of 37,653
How does this amp battle again mainstream portable-amp like : rx3b ,glacier or portaphile 627x

Sound quality between 2 dac : clas vs ak120 (dac only)

Looking foward for ur thought,rudi

Hi hotfever

I don't have glacier and portaphile

Wagnus vs my alo Rx 3 B

High :
Wagnus : has more refine and extended high , and better micro detail

Mid :
Wagnus : more sweet and very clean and clear midrange

Bass :
Wagnus : more deep impact than Alo Rx 3 B , better detail and very clean bass reproduction
The best bass I have heard in portable amp yet .

Separation :
Wagnus : better separation , that you can hear the music instrument placement more accurate.
Than Alo Rx 3 B

Soundstage :
Wagnus : has 3 D soundstage

Background :
Wagnus : has more black background than alo Rx 3 B

Noise :
Wagnus has almost Zero noise floor
Alo Rx 3 B has hissing

AK 120 vs Class -dB

Later I do more detail comparison and will post hear as DAC

This IMO

Users who are viewing this thread