Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #4,172 of 37,648
      Quote:
Can you please explain the sonic difference from Imod and ipod, I want to get an Imod but I don't know what to think. How much better are we talkin? I also use an arrow 4g with my 5.5

You can browse through the DIYmod thread for many impressions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/269604/the-apple-diymod-my-take-on-the-famous-imod-56k-killer-featuring-3g-4g-5g-and-nano-1g

Depends on the capacitors used but I personally say the DIYmod line out with BG caps is definately worth it, if you can build it yourself.  Darker background, and you get slight warmth, and nice "texture" is added to mids and bass, resulting in great synergy with Arrow.  No difference in treble (it's what I feel with BG caps and this may change with other caps).  You will need to pay much more for other source gear to achieve better results. Like a CLAS and 6G onwards Classic.  And then I don't like iTunes, I want to use my own m3u playlists, plus the extra support for other file formats is useful, so I stick (I'm stuck) with a Rockboxed DIYmod for a few years now.

You can look through my portable gear album to see what I done with mine.

Not sure if it's worth paying so much for RWA and built ones, or paying others to do it. I won't personally pay over $300 including everything - the 5G/5.5G itself, LOD and CF, Tarkan CF adaptor, BG caps, good solder and perhaps new battery and exterior parts).

If you need to pay over that, I suggest thinking about a Fiio X3 as it looks very promising. I haven't compared yet, but the only obvious things other than sound, that an imod should be better is smaller size and Rockbox compatibility.

May 20, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #4,175 of 37,648
Yet another recent addition to my growing collection....

DIYmodded iPod -> ALO Rx mk3-B -> Aurisonics ASG 1.2 IEM

I must say that the ASG 1.2 are one of the most comfortable IEM's I have ever put into my ears....the fit is amazing and the sound is unbelievable. excellent bass response and amazing mid range (especially vocals). I hate to say this but at the moment I feel that I prefer the ASG1.2 over and above my A.4i.

May 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #4,177 of 37,648
Quote:
Great collections my man...keep buying and collecting them....
regards
jaytee189

Actually i am i the process of retiring 
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #4,178 of 37,648
Quote:

Actually i am i the process of retiring 
biggrin.gif

Retiring?
Retiring from what? 
Retiring from buying low end iem's and mid fi iem's and moving to heavyweight iem's class rite ??? 
tongue_smile.gif

Never say retiring when you still on the process to reach a real sound nirvana my man.....
ksc75smile.gif

Still remember my words brotha ??? "Harus Beli"......
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Regards,
Jaytee189 

May 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #4,180 of 37,648
Quote:

Thank you very much!
Unfortunatly there are no double pocket ones like you use on the site. I believe you had mentioned it was a custom build for the techs...

Too bad, as the double case is nice, and thanks again for the info!
beerchug.gif

Sorry TrollD, I just think it was a model they were making at the time these are 4 to 6 years old! You could always give them a call and see if they had any left in old stock. 

May 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #4,181 of 37,648
Quote:
Retiring?
Retiring from what? 
Retiring from buying low end iem's and mid fi iem's and moving to heavyweight iem's class rite ??? 
tongue_smile.gif

Never say retiring when you still on the process to reach a real sound nirvana my man.....
ksc75smile.gif

Still remember my words brotha ??? "Harus Beli"......
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Regards,
Jaytee189 

hi jaytee189 are u still keep yours 2500K LED torch ?
evil_smiley.gif

May 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #4,183 of 37,648
Some tests show that sonic changes regarding noise floor has been experienced. Obviously YMMV.

Yes it has slightly better SQ with coax cap , more focus and better detail too
Hearing is believing

Rudi forgot his Fostex, then it would be "All the iDacs".....

Rudi, please tell me you haven't pre-ordered the HiFi-M8.  I'd like to have one iDevice amp/dac before you......:D

Yes I haven't put my Fostex hp p1 and Sony PHA 1
No this this i pass HiFi M8
Please go a head and please share your impression here

Very nice Rudi! I absolutely love the Pico Power in orange. Also, do you detect any change in sound with/without the coax 'caps'?

This caps make better focus for your Dac

There shouldn't be any sonic change.
The coax/optical cap is suppose to be used to prevent dust.

Except to prevent the dust , I do for improvement in SQ as well

May 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #4,185 of 37,648

New Whiplash Hybrid Cable ...review coming soon
silver/gold and copper.  

Cable came in the same time as Arrow.

Ipod mini CF 64gb > TWag LOD > Arrow 4g > New unreleased TWag/Gold + TWcu hybrid > JH13

Call me old school with the ipod mini and JH13....but still rockin' out 
L3000.gif

Review also coming for the new 8 conductor TWag/gold iem cable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back