Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #1,877 of 37,735
Quote:

Rudi, you know you can make multiple quotes in one post. There is no need to make individual posts for each reply. Just keeps the forum nice and tidy. :)

Lol! I'm like 
eek.gif
 if he posts all those pics on one go

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #1,880 of 37,735
These rigs look AMAZING, just cant belive how much money you put to your music rigs its admiring. I have been actually making some investmenst as well to my portable rig (wich is sennheiser IE60 and iPod classic 80gb). Ordered a pair of HD25 I-II from an uk maker who customizes them to your liking, the mock up looks AMAZING! also im getting fostex hp-p1 to go with those headphones. Those things should arrive at the end of february.

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,881 of 37,735
Quote:
Hi that's really some great pièce of equipment. I actually had one of those. Don't even know where it went. For the time really great don't know how it stacks up againt current equipment though 
wink_face.gif

I'll go out on a limb here and say it actually sounds better than my Clip+ and 5.5g iPod Video, and it does a surprisingly good job of driving my HD580s. Not without its limitations though. It will skip if you even think about moving it, there's a little static in the volume pot (fixed by working it back and forth a few times), it burns through batteries like there's no tomorrow, and then there's the issue of having to carry CDs around. But it does sound good, especially with the ruthlessly revealing MDR-7506.

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,882 of 37,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by juntom10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How is the amp? I've never seen it before...

The amp is called Vorzuge Pure amp. It's from Germany.
It's fantstically built and sounds extrememly powerful for its size.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,884 of 37,735
If your rig sounds good as it is...don't save for amp, you had better save longer and upgrade headphones or buy other complementary headphones. In my opinion, always upgrade headphones first, start amping when you have headphones that really need it...but that is just my opinion...

I have been wondering about that. I mainly wanted an amp for gaming purposes to pair with the HFi580s I'm getting to better control volume.
With an iPhone 4 and those phones do you think an amp would improve music enough to be worth it for taking with me every day to campus?

Ill post pics of my rig as soon as I get enough posts as I'm new! :wink:

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,885 of 37,735
Quote:
These rigs look AMAZING, just cant belive how much money you put to your music rigs its admiring. I have been actually making some investmenst as well to my portable rig (wich is sennheiser IE60 and iPod classic 80gb). Ordered a pair of HD25 I-II from an uk maker who customizes them to your liking, the mock up looks AMAZING! also im getting fostex hp-p1 to go with those headphones. Those things should arrive at the end of february.
Custom Cans by any chance (there can't be that many DJ-'phone obsessed customisers in the UK)? If so, I believe jfunk (the owner) is a member on here.

I used his (mass-loading) mods on my own HD-25's.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #1,886 of 37,735

iPhone 4S using equalizer app for mp3 and capriccio for flac, C&C BH, Headstage Arrow4G, custom silver LOD. MH1C (recabled), RE-0, GR02 BE, GR07 BE, MTPG, X10.

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,887 of 37,735
Quote:
I have been wondering about that. I mainly wanted an amp for gaming purposes to pair with the HFi580s I'm getting to better control volume.
With an iPhone 4 and those phones do you think an amp would improve music enough to be worth it for taking with me every day to campus?

Ill post pics of my rig as soon as I get enough posts as I'm new!
wink.gif

I never owned these headphones and I am not an expert. Whatever people tell you, the only real informed decision you can make is by trying the amp. I have bought really expensive amps and thought their sound was great, but not necessarily what I was looking for / not necessarily matching my IEMs.

Then it depends if it is for on-the-go or more just a transportable rig. For on-the-go, attaching an amp is in my opinion never convenient, even more so to a phone !

If it is to take to campus and listen there, an amp can improve the way the iphone drives your HF, then you should ask people which one as I am not an apple user. I think all in one players are better. I use a DX100.

On DAC/AMP that I tried and is really nice and VERY portable is the Apex Glacier from TTVJ. Check out the dedicated thread for more information.

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #1,890 of 37,735
I thought that was Jingles after the Jets Lightning game last week..:wink:  (Big Bolts fan here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back