Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 14, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #361 of 37,700
Quote:

That would be a Sony Z1000 headphone.

I have one too. It sounds so good and sweet.

Thx! 

They seems to be quite expensive, for under 200€ i would buy them :D.. 

Still cant add photos... 
 http://i.imgur.com/eRvcQ.jpg

Just FYI im not using that gameboy as DAP. Sold my 4S and thinking to go for 5/5.5gen 30gb ipod and mod it  with 80gb back cover + bigger battery and CF card.
Possibly doing diymod also, but then again for the same price i could get Colorfly C3/Cowon/sansa clip+ but without sound customization EQ etc..

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #362 of 37,700
Quote:
Yep 50% is to low, set it to full or 80% - 90%

Quote:
If you are using the E17, make sure your source is at full volume. Long story short, the amp is designed to receive a line-level signal, and the headphone output at 50% is well below line level.

This explains... alot of things , I will try it the next time i am going out then

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #363 of 37,700
This explains... alot of things , I will try it the next time i am going out then

They are right - it makes a massive difference. Just did a test and could replicate your circumstances. Keep source volume at full and you'll only need to have the e17 on 20-25 max with at the most 6db gain. Use the volume control on the e17 only.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #364 of 37,700
My usual to-go audio kit.

First photo:
Lid: Extra microfiber cloths and an errant silicone dehumidifier packet on the left. Spare cables, adaptors and tools in two pouches on the right, which are velcro'd to the lid. Most of the stray cables and adaptors that you see are supposed to be in those pouches; I got sloppy.
Base: Clockwise from lower left: iPod Video 5G with 128gb SSD strapped to a Leckerton UHA-6S (first gen) with a homemade SPC LOD. RSA SR-71B on top of a Meier Porta Corda II. Soft pouch with Heir Audio 4.A and homemade SPC cable, terminated in an RSA balanced plug. Black hard case is a mystery guest. The blue thing is a two-USB power adaptor, alongside a white bog-standard iPod USB cable. The white blob below the iPod is a homemade RSA-3.5mm plug adaptor.

Second photo: Glamor shot of the powered electronics in the case.

Do I travel with this? Kinda yeah. It's what I carry between home and office every weekday. I have a smaller version of this case that I can pack in two ways: the iPod and two amps, one IEM, Apple's small power plug, and cables; or the iPod and one amp, two IEMs, the blue power plug above, and cables. The smaller case is what I fly with, though when I'm actually on the plane the IEMs as often as not are being used as earplugs and not connected to anything. Of the three amps, the Meier is most often left at home because it doesn't play as nicely with my IEMs as the others.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #365 of 37,700
My usual to-go audio kit.

First photo:
Lid: Extra microfiber cloths and an errant silicone dehumidifier packet on the left. Spare cables, adaptors and tools in two pouches on the right, which are velcro'd to the lid. Most of the stray cables and adaptors that you see are supposed to be in those pouches; I got sloppy.
Base: Clockwise from lower left: iPod Video 5G with 128gb SSD strapped to a Leckerton UHA-6S (first gen) with a homemade SPC LOD. RSA SR-71B on top of a Meier Porta Corda II. Soft pouch with Heir Audio 4.A and homemade SPC cable, terminated in an RSA balanced plug. Black hard case is a mystery guest. The blue thing is a two-USB power adaptor, alongside a white bog-standard iPod USB cable. The white blob below the iPod is a homemade RSA-3.5mm plug adaptor.

Second photo: Glamor shot of the powered electronics in the case.

Do I travel with this? Kinda yeah. It's what I carry between home and office every weekday. I have a smaller version of this case that I can pack in two ways: the iPod and two amps, one IEM, Apple's small power plug, and cables; or the iPod and one amp, two IEMs, the blue power plug above, and cables. The smaller case is what I fly with, though when I'm actually on the plane the IEMs as often as not are being used as earplugs and not connected to anything. Of the three amps, the Meier is most often left at home because it doesn't play as nicely with my IEMs as the others.

Now thats some awesome kit!!

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #367 of 37,700
Quote:
ameme2a2.jpg

Waiting at the doctors office with my grandfather. I can easily say, these are perhaps the best 20 bucks on headphones I've spent.
Sent from my ICS Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

...and you didn't get odd looks photographing your crotch in the doctor's waiting room??
wink_face.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #369 of 37,700
Nov 14, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #374 of 37,700
Quote:
Hey Lee that is a velcro strip that came with my Enermax Power Supply for cable management.

Here is the post with all the pieces.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552014/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xv/5505#post_8503985

I have a few of them so if you want one, just PM your mailing address and I'll put one in an envelope for ya.
beerchug.gif

That would be perfect but I'm afraid I'm in the UK - if its still ok by snail mail then will do or i can ppg you to cover postage - thanks for the offer tho!

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #375 of 37,700
I got a new I-Phone 5 case! 

and why not?

for 2 points can anyone guess the LP sleeve?

listening to the UK Mono LP (bright blue label) now via LP12/Ekos/ClavisDC/Linto/X-Cans V1/HD650cable/HD600

simply amazing punchy sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back