Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #346 of 37,656
Quote:
Hey guys, sorry for being off topic but I thought this crowd might be the right group to ask. I've ordered some extra op amps in with my Leckerton MKII and I'm in dire need of a storage solution. I remember way back in one of the other threads someone posting a picture with a small plastic storage case for op amps. Any idea where I can get a proper case like that for op amp storage?

Check out Dollarama.  I used a case from there to keep all the parts separated when I was building  cmoy amps.  Hope this helps!

Nice rigs guys!

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #347 of 37,656
Quote:
Whats the volume problem?

The volume of the sound on headphone is louder when I plug it in direct to the s2 rather than to the fiio e17 with the following setting
12db gain
20 odd volume
compared to direct to headphone jack with half- 60% ish the volume bar

Its fine when it is used as a dac, normal volume and everything , just as an amp

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #348 of 37,656
Hey guys, sorry for being off topic but I thought this crowd might be the right group to ask. I've ordered some extra op amps in with my Leckerton MKII and I'm in dire need of a storage solution. I remember way back in one of the other threads someone posting a picture with a small plastic storage case for op amps. Any idea where I can get a proper case like that for op amp storage?

I have some small plastic cases that Analog Devices sent my opamps to me in. They already have the antistatic foam mounted (a must have for plastic cases) PM me your mailing address and I'll drop one in the mail for you. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #349 of 37,656
Ok - so I use the Nano as portable gear and not the Touch. I use my Beyerdynamic iems with the Nano as the Klipsch are just too fragile for outdoor use (neither pictured here).

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #350 of 37,656
Quote:

Just get an altoids tin(or any small plastic case) and cut a piece of foam to fit inside. Then you can press the pins of the op-amps into the foam for a tight secure fit.

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #351 of 37,656
The volume of the sound on headphone is louder when I plug it in direct to the s2 rather than to the fiio e17 with the following setting
12db gain
20 odd volume

Its fine when it is used as a dac, normal volume and everything , just as an amp

Hmm that is odd. I know what you mean though and personally i think its normal. Pluggin directly into my iPod Classic initially gives me a louder response, but i find that the sound is significantly more full when using the e17. My iPod has a LOD to the e17 and usually im sitting pretty around the 28-35 volume mark.

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #352 of 37,656
Quote:
Ok - so I use the Nano as portable gear and not the Touch. I use my Beyerdynamic iems with the Nano as the Klipsch are just too fragile for outdoor use (neither pictured here).

I don't understand when people say things like this....they are in your ears!

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #353 of 37,656
BBE pro, basically eq for the iphone plus a "sound field" filter that sort of enhances the soundstage with a little DSP. I think it's the best app I've bought so far

Took my iphone out to new heights 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #354 of 37,656
12db gain
20 odd volume

I'm assuming you're using the E17 with full volume on the source, am I correct?

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #356 of 37,656
Quote:
Hey guys, sorry for being off topic but I thought this crowd might be the right group to ask. I've ordered some extra op amps in with my Leckerton MKII and I'm in dire need of a storage solution.

I wouldn't worry about storage. The cardboard cases that Leckerton ships them in are plenty sturdy.

I'll post pics when I can. And maybe the current state of my mobile system, just to stay on topic. 
tongue.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #359 of 37,656
I am using it with 50% volume on the source on both times

correction: I am using the note 2, god knows why I typed S2, my S2 broke and won't charge

If you are using the E17, make sure your source is at full volume. Long story short, the amp is designed to receive a line-level signal, and the headphone output at 50% is well below line level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back