Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #196 of 37,648
Quote:
Revised Portable Rig......Consisting of:

1. iPod 5th Generation (DIY iMod Silver Wire from DAC to LOD Pins with in line and internal Elna Silmic II Caps and 128Gb CF Card with Tarkan Adapter)
  2. TTVJ Slim Amp
  3. Siver / Gold Alloy LOD
  4. Heir Audio A.4i IEM with Whiplash Audio 8 Wire (Silver & Copper) Hybrid Custom Cable 

To my ears this rig has Detail, Clarity and Soundstage in Bag Loads 
regular_smile .gif

regular_smile .gif

Great looking rig Jason :D

I like the ipod skin with the Heir bands - nice black and white theme going on there.

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #201 of 37,648
Great looking rig Jason :D

I like the ipod skin with the Heir bands - nice black and white theme going on there.

Cheers dude.....personally I think it's the custom LOD that makes it :)

And obviously got the addition of the Colorfly C3 tomorrow. Should be OK as a more portable gym / running DAP.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #203 of 37,648
Quote:

Great photos. I love my SE215's, but now I want something more... Thank you, Head-Fi! 
popcorn.gif

Thanks!  Gotta use that macro lens for something haha.  I love the SE215's, they are a cheap but very awesome.  Gonna have to fight the upgrade bug myself for a while, maybe stop visiting Head-Fi haha

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #204 of 37,648
My New Ultra Portable Rig (Colorfly C3) - This arrived today and will mainly be used for in the Gym and Running Outside

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #206 of 37,648
I got a purple case for the new Touch - I needed something grippy for when I'm reading books in bed - surprised by just how few cases are available yet.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #207 of 37,648
Quote:
I got a purple case for the new Touch - I needed something grippy for when I'm reading books in bed - surprised by just how few cases are available yet.

So you read on the Touch and not the tablet....is that just because the Touch is easier to hold onto? I have an actual e-book reader- that is outstanding but I haven't done any reading in a while, asides from the Internet stuff. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #208 of 37,648
Well, I never liked e-ink, so I read on the 4th Gen. and I appreciate the extra half inch, but for me a tablet was always too heavy/awkward for me when I'm lying in bed - at least the Playbook was; probably an Android like the Nexus 7 or a Samsung would be OK, but I just like the iPod size, plus I have a good choice of ereader apps although I use iBooks the most at present.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #209 of 37,648
Quote:
Well, I never liked e-ink, so I read on the 4th Gen. and I appreciate the extra half inch, but for me a tablet was always too heavy/awkward for me when I'm lying in bed - at least the Playbook was; probably an Android like the Nexus 7 or a Samsung would be OK, but I just like the iPod size, plus I have a good choice of ereader apps although I use iBooks the most at present.

I used iBooks a little bit on my old 4th gen Touch, and it was surprisingly readable for the size of the screen....I just had to turn the pages a lot more often....lol. I would never have thought of using another app for books on it, iBooks seemed to work very well....although I suppose if you had Kindle format books you'd need a Kindle app, right? I had all mine converted to epub format so they worked either on the Touch or the Nook.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #210 of 37,648
Quote:
Stunning combo jay!

regular_smile .gif

I must say the C3 does look stunning and is nice and compact, but not sure if its something I will keep. Most of my music files are ALAC and my FLAC files tend to be 24/96....neither of which are supported by the C3 (Should have thought about that before I pressed the "BUY" button). Im not sure whether I can be arsed to re-rip the files to the relevant format just for use in the gym and running.

I am also finding the User Interface a bit of a pain to use with the small screen. It also tends to mess all your track listing up.....so rather than playing them in order they seem to be all over the place....not sure how I can get round that. Also need to find a suitable way of storing the music files at the moment I use Artist > Album > Tracks. I'm probably to entranched into the Apple UI using an iPod / iPad and iPhone.....they are just easier to navigate around and obviously have bigger screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back