Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 4, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #27,556 of 37,634
earsonics velvet v1 and effect audio leonidas v1

DAP = SAMSUNG NOTE 4

TRACKS = fizy ( premium ) ( local streaming )

IDEF 2019 / TURKEY

:ksc75smile:

oXBO9R.jpg

V94r6j.jpg

May 4, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #27,557 of 37,634
My dream setup, Chord Hugo 2 with an Uptone ISO Regen/LPS 1.2 and Sonore DC-4 cable + Curious USB cable. Listening to the chain on a set of Empire Ears Legend X and PW Audio 1950's. Extra, super special, custom hand-built Lego stand and a Crane stand for my laptop. Running DSD512 through BitPerfect on iTunes.

It is the best sounding setup that I have owned. Resolving, transparent, and musical, it is everything I ever wanted out of a transportable rig. I don't really have that many words to say as I have been lost in the music since I've assembled everything a few days ago. I have been trying to recreate the feeling of being at (((Stereo))) in Montreal, an after-hours club that has North America's best sound system (as touted by many international artists that have played there), while at the comfort of my own desk. The club itself is the best in Canada by far as it caters to the underground techno and house that the Europeans are known for. It's really an experience that cannot be described with words and one that needs to be experienced for themselves. Anyways, enjoy the pics and music! I threw in a mix by Pan-Pot @ Stereo from 2013, it's a 6 hour mix and I was there for 4 of it, this rig brings me right back to that dance floor and disco ball.

PS. Also biggest disco ball in NA :)

IMG_0358.jpg
IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0365.JPG

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #27,558 of 37,634
My dream setup, Chord Hugo 2 with an Uptone ISO Regen/LPS 1.2 and Sonore DC-4 cable + Curious USB cable. Listening to the chain on a set of Empire Ears Legend X and PW Audio 1950's. Extra, super special, custom hand-built Lego stand and a Crane stand for my laptop. Running DSD512 through BitPerfect on iTunes.

It is the best sounding setup that I have owned. Resolving, transparent, and musical, it is everything I ever wanted out of a transportable rig. I don't really have that many words to say as I have been lost in the music since I've assembled everything a few days ago. I have been trying to recreate the feeling of being at (((Stereo))) in Montreal, an after-hours club that has North America's best sound system (as touted by many international artists that have played there), while at the comfort of my own desk. The club itself is the best in Canada by far as it caters to the underground techno and house that the Europeans are known for. It's really an experience that cannot be described with words and one that needs to be experienced for themselves. Anyways, enjoy the pics and music! I threw in a mix by Pan-Pot @ Stereo from 2013, it's a 6 hour mix and I was there for 4 of it, this rig brings me right back to that dance floor and disco ball.

That's nuts! This is definitely something I can call the "reverse osmosis" of audio. To the everyman you'd look freaking crazy, with all the gidgets and doodads, but I am VERY curious (get it?) on how much of a difference the USB and voltage filters will make in a rig, not to mention the swapped audio cable in the X's! All I can imagine is a very, very transparent, clean and intimate audio that can be proud to be called 'crisp'.

It probably won't be something I'll dip my toes in anytime soon, but I'd actually like to delve into this when I'm older and have enough money to sacrifice to the dark god of audio. For now, my next goal is getting an A&K SP1000M, so I can pair it with my own Legends. Really interesting setup!

May 5, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #27,560 of 37,634
That's nuts! This is definitely something I can call the "reverse osmosis" of audio. To the everyman you'd look freaking crazy, with all the gidgets and doodads, but I am VERY curious (get it?) on how much of a difference the USB and voltage filters will make in a rig, not to mention the swapped audio cable in the X's! All I can imagine is a very, very transparent, clean and intimate audio that can be proud to be called 'crisp'.

It probably won't be something I'll dip my toes in anytime soon, but I'd actually like to delve into this when I'm older and have enough money to sacrifice to the dark god of audio. For now, my next goal is getting an A&K SP1000M, so I can pair it with my own Legends. Really interesting setup!

Crisp is a great description! It took my 10 years to get to this point, I'm sure you'll find your way to something this crazy eventually :)

May 5, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #27,561 of 37,634
Why do you guys love IEMs so much? :ksc75smile: I own the Westone UM3Xs, the 1more Triple Driver and the 1more Quad Driver and they cannot hold a candle with full sized beasts such as the Meze 99 Classics for one.

Come, guys. Come to the dark side!

im not sure full size HPs do sound better? there is something about the proximity of the iems driver to the ear drum that holds serious potential if you ask me.

May 6, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #27,565 of 37,634

Nice and by the way after 40 years of playing all I still use are Innova Disc (PDGA # 7644):beerchug:

It's a Lovely day in the Shani-Garden:grin:

Shani-Garden.JPG

May 6, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #27,566 of 37,634
May 6, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #27,567 of 37,634
Nice and by the way after 40 years of playing all I still use are Innova Disc (PDGA # 7644):beerchug:

It's a Lovely day in the Shani-Garden:grin:

Right on! Another disc golfer on head-fi!!!

Nice setup!

May 8, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #27,570 of 37,634
Man the DX220 really is the "IN" player right now. It does look nice. How does it sound? Worth an upgrade?

its a great player so much so that my dx200 is now relegated to a drawer, just burning it in so might sound even better after that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back