Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #26,851 of 37,608
IE800S with the M2Pro is to die for. :heartpulse:
I've been eyeing the M2pro so so long, need to make decision to get it or not. As I loved the B1 amp it paired nicely with the HD800 when I had them.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #26,852 of 37,608
These two are a match made in heaven.
20181212_215523.jpg

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #26,853 of 37,608
If only i wasnt uber obsessed with mids.

If you want forward midrange, then there is FiiO FH5, and FLC8N, which can deliver better on that :)

I have the horizon's and mk2's on loan atm and i prefer the cheaper horizons over the mk2s hands down.

Hm, I haven't heard the new MK2 from Azla, but that is good to know!

I really like the Horizons as well :)

They fit like a glove for someone who used to love IE800, but who didn't get good comfort with them :)

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #26,854 of 37,608
C67N8Ush.jpg

Cayin N8>plusSound X8 Silver+Gold>Legend X

Amazing system! I love this player. Easily the best I've heard. And plusSound has come a long way with their cable ergonomics. This 8-strand is actually comfortable by my standards, which are high indeed.

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #26,855 of 37,608
C67N8Ush.jpg

Amazing system! I love this player. Easily the best I've heard. And plusSound has come a long way with their cable ergonomics. This 8-strand is actually comfortable by my standards, which are high indeed.
The N8 always looks so wonderful, but way outside anything I could get. The Cayin N6 was an amazing DAP, I sadly don't have it anymore (but strongly desire again). Trying to patiently wait for the N6ii but may jump on the N5iis to calm my nerves (hesitant to get do to bugs I hear on the thread). I have and still use their C5 amp.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #26,856 of 37,608
C67N8Ush.jpg

Dang Pinky yet another beautiful shot of an awesome pairing:yum: I can believe the Cayin 8 is all that as I think the N3 is a killer player for the $$$:wink:

Nothing like a little MC900Ft Jesus in the morning to put things into perspective:grin: (I've suddenly had an immediate flashback of the Anton Ego scene in Ratatouille when his bite of Ratatouille gives him some perspective):smirk:

Secret 900ft Mo.JPG

Dec 13, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #26,857 of 37,608
Dang Pinky yet another beautiful shot of an awesome pairing:yum: I can believe the Cayin 8 is all that as I think the N3 is a killer player for the $$$:wink:

Nothing like a little MC900Ft Jesus in the morning to put things into perspective:grin: (I've suddenly had an immediate flashback of the Anton Ego scene in Ratatouille when his bite of Ratatouille gives him some perspective):smirk:

I got to try this (TFZ Secret Garden) last week and enjoyed it a lot. What's your opinion on the bass? Is it fast enough on complicated/fast tracks or still a bit slow?

Dec 13, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #26,858 of 37,608
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #26,859 of 37,608
How are you finding the m9? I'm considering one or a dx120

For my purposes it's been exactly what I expected. I'm coming from an Xduoo X3 as my main source and I wanted something with 1) USB dac capability, 2) Bluetooth, and 3) high storage capacity. I considered the dx120, but ultimately went for the M9 due to the Bluetooth capabilities. I've found myself surprisingly using the Bluetooth dac function quite a bit. The controls could be snappier and the startup time could be quicker, but I can live with those issues. The battery drains a bit faster than I thought it would, but it still has plenty of juice for my usage and it charges much faster than expected. It drives the cl750 without needing an amp, but not the Fostex T-X0. Overall, I'm happy. It feels like a significant upgrade from my X3.

As far as sound I don't think I can quite give a satisfactory answer. Does it sound better than my X3? Yes. Why? I can't quite say.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #26,860 of 37,608
I got to try this (TFZ Secret Garden) last week and enjoyed it a lot. What's your opinion on the bass? Is it fast enough on complicated/fast tracks or still a bit slow?

I guess it all depends on what you are considering a complicated/fast track when it comes to that bass:thinking: Guess I can tell you what I think of a couple tracks I consider somewhat congested if you will:

On Cayin N3 EQ Off: 40 Stories by Dishwalla (All files WMA 168Kbs) at 50 (Half Volume) they are excellent at keeping the bass in character to the rest of the instruments and vocals, the crescendo 29-30 seconds into it is something I call congested and they hold up well across the frequency range.

Beck's "Missing" off Guero keeps that fine bass thump throughout the entire song while still letting his voice and other odd sounds penetrate with a nice visceral pleasure to it. Really love the way the violin strings just sway in and out of that bass line.

Floyd "Mother" off the Wall is a sheer delight on this setup, the first inhale is so crisp and clear at the beginning and decay on David's strings along with the almost hall effect are spot on.

And if you want to know if they can reproduce solid bass just listen to Bowie's Miracle Goodnight off Black Tie/White Noise will have you walking away rattling for an hour:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You have any other suggestions you would like me to listen to tell me what it is and I'll see if I have it loaded:wink:

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #26,861 of 37,608
C67N8Ush.jpg

The matching slider and spliter were on purpose i assume? looks good.

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #26,862 of 37,608
I guess it all depends on what you are considering a complicated/fast track when it comes to that bass:thinking: Guess I can tell you what I think of a couple tracks I consider somewhat congested if you will:

On Cayin N3 EQ Off: 40 Stories by Dishwalla (All files WMA 168Kbs) at 50 (Half Volume) they are excellent at keeping the bass in character to the rest of the instruments and vocals, the crescendo 29-30 seconds into it is something I call congested and they hold up well across the frequency range.

Beck's "Missing" off Guero keeps that fine bass thump throughout the entire song while still letting his voice and other odd sounds penetrate with a nice visceral pleasure to it. Really love the way the violin strings just sway in and out of that bass line.

Floyd "Mother" off the Wall is a sheer delight on this setup, the first inhale is so crisp and clear at the beginning and decay on David's strings along with the almost hall effect are spot on.

And if you want to know if they can reproduce solid bass just listen to Bowie's Miracle Goodnight off Black Tie/White Noise will have you walking away rattling for an hour:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You have any other suggestions you would like me to listen to tell me what it is and I'll see if I have it loaded:wink:

First of all, thanks a lot for taking time to test the SG regarding my question. I appreciate the effort. I still don't own the IEM but it's a candidate if ever I will add another one to my collection. I had a chance to compare it to other Chi-fi IEMs, namely the King Pro and DM6, and they didn't quite impress me with their tonalities, contrary as to how others praise them. I'll make sure to try out those tracks you mentioned once I get another chance to try the SG. Again, thanks a lot for your input. :grin::pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back