Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #26,881 of 37,646
Still working?
Yes! Perfect worrking
20181130_135319.jpg

Dec 18, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #26,882 of 37,646
ALO Audio - The National Solid State Amplification
Apple - iPod Touch 4th Generation
ALO Audio - The Cricket Line Out Dock
Koss - Porta Pro
ALO Audio - Gusseted Zipper Pouch

0C1C579C-3EB6-4258-9531-5C3DA9C9A787.jpeg
35DE163B-7CAC-4EBC-8EB2-10E99723FAB2.jpeg

Now I’m off to the land of computer audio, and vintage hi-fi gear. Special thanks to @ufospls2. Cheers everyone.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #26,884 of 37,646
Dec 18, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #26,886 of 37,646
BGVP DM6 Custom with QP2R

20181218_202933.jpg

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #26,891 of 37,646
Sony cable on the DM6's eh, so what do you think of the 6's?

Well, after the fuss I had getting overly critical about them and their midrange, I have simply relaxed with them and been able to get cozy with them. Sadly most of my other IEMs and headphones get neglected now. The Sony cable works well, though I still don’t think I have found the right cable yet? They are super responsive to different cables, at least using the two different 4.4mm balanced cables I’ve tried with them? The DM6 is not perfect, but they do very little wrong in my book. Though I’m not a vocal enthusiast; If I was I wouldn’t like them as much maybe? But at this point I love how they fit, the fact that the bass is detailed and fun, and the overall sound is easy to listen to for long hours. They are worth way more than $199. In a way they are what Head-Fi is about, especially with rock and EDM. I would suggest anyone to try and go balanced with them as they can scale up and up, but balanced makes them magic. IMO

For the longest time I’ve been suspect about BA bass drivers, guessing DD to be superior, but now I’m into BA bass despite the hype trend! Though it’s funny as everyone is using this exact same BA subwoofer. The DM6 bass BA is the exact same model as what is in the new FiiO all BA IEM flagship........the FA7 and the BA bass driver is placed in the Magaosi K5. Though maybe due to construction the Magaosi is more midcentric and does not go as low as the same driver in the DM6? The BGVP DM6 low end is so darn fun!

FiiO FA7
  • Sub Bass & Bass: CI-22955
  • Middle: ED-29689
  • Treble & Ultra Treble : SWFK-31736 ( This is a combo drivers includes two drivers )
Edit:
Also anyone who gets them, burn them in for about 40 hours before making any sound quality judgments. Cheers!

Five DAP's in one, the chinese cards are amazing

Is that the Hansound Redcore? What do you think? Is it bright or warm or both?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #26,892 of 37,646
My dm6 are arriving tomorrow

Nice, looking forward to everyone's impressions:grin: Have no clue when mine might arrive:rolling_eyes:

If I may suggest, the BGVP DM6 is an IEM which somehow goes on to show much of the character which is upstream. Meaning they are hard to judge as they show cable properties, DAP properties and are very much tip dependent. So much so that most owners have ended with many different ideas as to what they are. It goes without saying that experimentation will help dial in the end goal sound your after.

Amazingly they do well with all sound file qualities; being forgiving about bad recording quality somehow??

They can be a bewildering chameleon of sorts never being just one thing but due to transparency being many things for many people, both for better or worse; but normally for the better. IMO

Strangely wide bore tips can almost make them sound like they don’t have an airtight fit, when they do; it’s the midboost effect. Though I stay with Sony Hybrid Tips 24/7.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #26,893 of 37,646
If I may suggest, the BGVP DM6 is an IEM which somehow goes on to show much of the character which is upstream. Meaning they are hard to judge as they show cable properties, DAP properties and are very much tip dependent. So much so that most owners have ended with many different ideas as to what they are. It goes without saying that experimentation will help dial in the end goal sound your after.

Amazingly they do well with all sound file qualities; being forgiving about bad recording quality somehow??

They can be a bewildering chameleon of sorts never being just one thing but due to transparency being many things for many people, both for better or worse; but normally for the better. IMO

Strangely wide bore tips can almost make them sound like they don’t have an airtight fit, when they do; it’s the midboost effect. Though I stay with Sony Hybrid Tips 24/7.
I tried them with my wm1a too with some wav files. Absolute clarity

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #26,894 of 37,646
Hiby R3 as source into a CHORD Mojo (both in a 3D printed case and transport box), used with Audioquest NightOwls.
With the Nightowls in the fabric bag which came with the headset, the setup fits into a small slingshot bag with documents and essentials that I carry with me on my air travels.

It's a little big for a portable setup, but after I got used to the Mojo I just don't want to listen without it. I tried IEMs a little but really prefer the NightOwl full size headphone so far.

IMG_8073.JPG IMG_8070.JPG IMG_8266.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #26,895 of 37,646

Appreciate your take on the DM6, looks like when I find the magic they’ll be in a dedicated rig:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back