Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #23,266 of 37,643
  Can't help thinking that if Apple brought out another 'classic' iPod - perhaps even a series of special editions - with a decent sized flash memory and a decent DAC chip they'd clean up. Even franchise someone else to do it for them and take a cut. Surely it would cost them next to nothing to manufacture, the design is a classic and the UI is wonderful. I'm guessing that at around £200 ($250) a lot of us on here would be tempted, despite our more esoteric gear. I've got 3 classics and would buy another if there was a Lemmy special edition..

the iPod Pro did come out, it's called a pono player.

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #23,268 of 37,643
I'd still rather take iPod over Pono.

why? iOS is the only reason i can think of.  

everything else important to music is far better on the ponoplayer -
  • DAC,
  • analog stage,
  • outputs,
  • shape,
  • storage (64gb+as many cards as you can afford),
  • no radio interference,
  • no sensor interference,
  • no OS interference,
  • no iTunes only policy
  • no problem sideloading
  • no apple connector tax

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #23,269 of 37,643
Well I should of said I meant iPod classic, I prefer the design, looks and jog wheel. I don't think the sound of the Pono is good enough reason to upgrade if I had the choice, because I don't like the design and looks of the Pono. There's much better daps out there imo.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #23,270 of 37,643
My full analogue and digital options... occasionally joined by Fiio A5 and DT-990s for quiet outdoor... I rocked a TCD-D7 dat Walkman and these SR-80s for a couple of years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #23,271 of 37,643
The dude at the airport must have choked on his bagel when he saw that rig passing through the x-ray machine ! :eek:   

I love these crazy rigs, they remind me of the Lamborghini's you see tearing up Knightsbridge, how does it sound ?

LoL. Airplane mode.:) Its sounds nicer with iphone se. The ak240ss is to hard in treble region. Also you have to handle a little tube rolling on the tu-05. for now i have insert the telefunken df96+lorenz dl92. Anyone interested to buy my ak240ss? Its on ebay

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #23,272 of 37,643

Jesus, what did those ic's set you back! Something very ironic about those and the green bands off of Broccoli bundles? Don't let anyone razz you about the portable thang, I've seen larger toted around:rolleyes:

Thankks . Yes its a camera bag from acme made

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #23,274 of 37,643
I can bearly see the display.
One of the problems with the iPod were how prone they were to scratches. I remember having one and still can't wonder how scratches got on the back of the unit even though it had a tight semi plastic case around it.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #23,276 of 37,643
Just having some fun this evening. Was trying out 2 new buds, TY Hi-Z HP-32S and HP-150, then broke out an old fave, the Donscorpio Dolphins. All driven by another fave little combo, iPhone 5 > Oppo HA-2 > LO to the C&C BH2.
Such a shame the BH2 and Dolphins are no longer made, great synergy. Both punch way ^ :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #23,277 of 37,643
Just having some fun this evening. Was trying out 2 new buds, TY Hi-Z HP-32S and HP-150, then broke out an old fave, the Donscorpio Dolphins. All driven by another fave little combo, iPhone 5 > Oppo HA-2 > LO to the C&C BH2.
Such a shame the BH2 and Dolphins are no longer made, great synergy. Both punch way ^ :)

I have very few headphones that don't sound tbeir best with the C&C BH2. :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back