Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 22, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #18,361 of 37,623
Nov 22, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #18,363 of 37,623
I'm enjoying the Momentums with my Astell&Kern a lot more now. It seems I just needed a little brain burn-in. :)

Also, Adele's new album is great.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #18,364 of 37,623

iBasso DX50 > Cayin C5 > Shure SE530

It's kinda bulky and a bit heavy brick, but sounds amazing.. I played Scatta by Skrillex and details of this beast gives me the chills... 
basshead.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #18,367 of 37,623
I'm enjoying the Momentums with my Astell&Kern a lot more now. It seems I just needed a little brain burn-in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, Adele's new album is great.

Which Momentums are those?

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #18,368 of 37,623
Nov 23, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #18,369 of 37,623
M2, Android, Ivory.

Listening to Wish You Were Hear, right now. They are remarkable cans.

Great choice of music, Floyd one of my top faves. Had the original over the ear Momentums but the Cups were a little too small for my ears, heard these are a little bigger. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #18,370 of 37,623
Great choice of music, Floyd one of my top faves. Had the original over the ear Momentums but the Cups were a little too small for my ears, heard these are a little bigger. 

Yep. They fit completely around my ears.

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #18,371 of 37,623
I just rang a2a this morning about a pair of these.
They said they lack bass and are very bright which put me off.

@Wyd4

That's not true. The SR-002 has plenty of high quality bass, the problem is with these type of IEM without a good seal = really bad bass, more than with regular IEMs. With good seal = awesome impressive bass. I don't use the Stax default tips, I use this Hame tips = better seal and comfort for the SR-002: https://www.hama.com/00093002/hama-silikon-ersatzohrpolster-12-stueck and they are not very bright, they have one of the best treble, not the most extended, but one of the most accurate and reference sounding treble on all IEMs I ever tried, it's never sharp or silibance but very airy, high qualitiy treble with perfect neutral tonality. The only bad side is they are complety open (zero isolation, so only home use) and the spatial is only midrange tier, but again you have the transparent airy stax sound signature, which is really special and feel not like a headphone, more like load speakers. With enabled analogue crossfeed you will get the best out of these Stax baby, this is the reason why I pair them with my iFi mirco iDSD.

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #18,373 of 37,623

iBasso DX50 > Cayin C5 > Shure SE530

It's kinda bulky and a bit heavy brick, but sounds amazing.. I played Scatta by Skrillex and details of this beast gives me the chills... :basshead:

Is this black C5 or just shadow+B&W filter? Looks yummy nevertheless!

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #18,374 of 37,623
@Wyd4

That's not true. The SR-002 has plenty of high quality bass, the problem is with these type of IEM without a good seal = really bad bass, more than with regular IEMs. With good seal = awesome impressive bass. I don't use the Stax default tips, I use this Hame tips = better seal and comfort for the SR-002: https://www.hama.com/00093002/hama-silikon-ersatzohrpolster-12-stueck and they are not very bright, they have one of the best treble, not the most extended, but one of the most accurate and reference sounding treble on all IEMs I ever tried, it's never sharp or silibance but very airy, high qualitiy treble with perfect neutral tonality. The only bad side is they are complety open (zero isolation, so only home use) and the spatial is only midrange tier, but again you have the transparent airy stax sound signature, which is really special and feel not like a headphone, more like load speakers. With enabled analogue crossfeed you will get the best out of these Stax baby, this is the reason why I pair them with my iFi mirco iDSD.

Thanks for the clarity

I guess I might have to try find somewhere to audition them.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #18,375 of 37,623

the problem is with these type of IEM without a good seal = really bad bass, more than with regular IEMs. With good seal = awesome impressive bass. 

Although I don't have the iems being discussed, this is so true to iems from my experience with the EX1000. Only the largest size of the stock tips can deliver to my ears the best sound. I also pulled out the ****ty cover materials from the housing after yrs of use. Then I tried to throw back in some replacement materials there and nothing pleased my ears until I tried this (pictured below) material which came in a box when I bought a nib. I have a spare pair of the stock EX1000 for comparison. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back