Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 27, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #17,176 of 37,613
Haven't been on the forum recently mostly because of buying and having fun with the stuff I bought and learned on here. I came back because I see most people post their songs on itunes and now I dont use Itunes anymore so I'm seeing if theres a good itunes/ipod music player to use with my amp and headphones. Just researching though not seeing if I actually wanna buy another ipod. Anyway heres my portable rig.

ahhhhhh i could wish to the eternal dragon to create the ultimate dap and headphone!!!!!! :yum:

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #17,177 of 37,613
How they sound together?

I am not a seasoned audiophile but what I can tell you is that it sounds better than my previous FiiO X1 + Cayin C5 combo in a nice formfactor.
SM64 are not easy to drive with their 98 ohms and the Jr drives them easily.
It gives them more stage and separation than C5.
It reproduices more details than the LO of X1.

A good upgrade that gives me more pleasure, though I only own it for a few days. It might come better with burn-in.

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #17,178 of 37,613
  Haven't been on the forum recently mostly because of buying and having fun with the stuff I bought and learned on here. I came back because I see most people post their songs on itunes and now I dont use Itunes anymore so I'm seeing if theres a good itunes/ipod music player to use with my amp and headphones. Just researching though not seeing if I actually wanna buy another ipod. Anyway heres my portable rig.

Have you found "Dapper" at the app store?  It lets you load iTunes playlist onto the FiiO and other DAPs.
Works great once you get the hang of it.

YMMV
r2

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #17,188 of 37,613

My ultralight portable rig :

Sony A15 DAP
Fiio E6 amp on high gain
SoundMagic E80
Fidue A73
Scorche 3.5 OFC cable
Fiio 3.5 OFC cable
Havi B3 bag
Houseofdoom used to have the same DAP, I wonder what happened to him? :wink: