Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 20, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #16,832 of 37,652

Took this last night. Just gt the AK120ii back from modding, so now its a RWAK120ii.

Headphones are PM-3. I am working on getting a portable balanced cable as well, cause why not right?

Hello there,

Nice rig. Wanted to know how do you like the PM3? I have shortlisted to get the Fidelio X2 (or L2, depending on a trial first) later this year, and was wondering whether the PM3 (being planar magnetic and having read a lot about tight bass responses of Planars, never having owned a set myself) is a step up purely in terms of the sound quality.

Thanks in advance, cheers

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #16,836 of 37,652
Very nice. ZX1 is a nice handy walkman to carry around on-the-go!
thank you :) , this replaced my dying CD Walkman..hehe

and a case to keep it looking good for longer that i still have to purchase..

actually i liked the Dignis case more compared to this from Tuff-Luv but i dont think they (Dignis) still make those case anymore and the Rayout one i just don't like that it flip upwards..and just in case i also ordered a Cruzerlite..

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #16,838 of 37,652
thank you
smily_headphones1.gif
, this replaced my dying CD Walkman..hehe

and a case to keep it looking good for longer that i still have to purchase..

I still love discmans. Sad to see all the discmans ending up in the garbage.and not working. True piece of history to those who
grew up with it.

looking good..wish i got your talent in fixing things..

I'm opening and restoring an electronic maybe after 1999 (I remember changing a belt on an old Aiwa walkman). So definetely no talent, but there was a whole lot of patience needed as I was about to break the think as I couldnt get into the battery connector which was under the circuit board. But as I was fidgeting around with it, the front side gave way, otherwise I almost gave up and threw it out the window

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #16,839 of 37,652
I've still got some discmans, but yes, very hard to find fully working units these days, ironically the one that is still going strongest is the D5 I have, dating from iirc, December 83...

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #16,841 of 37,652
I've still got some discmans, but yes, very hard to find fully working units these days, ironically the one that is still going strongest is the D5 I have, dating from iirc, December 83...

Old pal, wouldn't it be 'discmen'. By the way, there are some cheapo brands still producing PCDP's, but of course, nothing like the SONY or Panasonic of old age. Still somewhat useful when you are leaving the record store and can't wait to play your music until you get home.

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #16,842 of 37,652
wow you got that thing from '83..im on the hunt for a new discman now even tho i got digital walkmans, yeah so hard to find that is properly working, i also asked a friend of mine in the Philippines as i remember the last time i was there, there were plenty of discmans but...wait...that was 4 years ago..LOL, hope he could fine one for me..otherwise im happy with my walkman now..

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #16,843 of 37,652
  Old pal, wouldn't it be 'discmen'. By the way, there are some cheapo brands still producing PCDP's, but of course, nothing like the SONY or Panasonic of old age. Still somewhat useful when you are leaving the record store and can't wait to play your music until you get home.

still have this one, sounds great and the top is aluminum and it has an optical out
reminds me of the office i worked in back in the mid 90's
everyone listened to one of these and no one used anything other
than stock headphones

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #16,844 of 37,652
hahaha you are right about discmens but as for me i used discmanS with "S" as the plural form whenever i talk about it because i treat it as a name like John, Mike, George..LOL..yah you can play straight away from the store, that's what i love about those discmans/mens..

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #16,845 of 37,652

still have this one, sounds great and the top is aluminum and it has an optical out
reminds me of the office i worked in back in the mid 90's
everyone listened to one of these and no one used anything other
than stock headphones
can't imagine myself now using stock earphones for any music players we have, can't believe how i survived back then or must be that stock earphones before are of high quality and sounds nice than today? O.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back