Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 28, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #14,401 of 37,696
Looks cool Jeff your Lawton headphone
Is that mod TH 900 ?

Thanks Rudi.  Its actually a TH600 (or was).  I don't know if I'd have the courage to rip off those beautiful cherry cups on the TH900.  But it fixed my minor issues, more controlled bass and more accurate treble.  The only problem is I can't look at them while they're on my head.....
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #14,406 of 37,696
@Alan Ho, does the Brimar affect the sound? In what way?

Wow I just checked the price of that cable and pooped in my pants.

@ Rudi, thanks, I love the fit and build quality. I am not sure about the RWAK240 pairing though..what was a good unamped source for your 335 before the mod? Compared to the SE5, all I can say so far is that the SE5 is much more neutral.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #14,407 of 37,696
@Alan Ho, does the Brimar affect the sound? In what way?

Wow I just checked the price of that cable and pooped in my pants.

@ Rudi, thanks, I love the fit and build quality. I am not sure about the RWAK240 pairing though..what was a good unamped source for your 335 before the mod? Compared to the SE5, all I can say so far is that the SE5 is much more neutral.

Mimouille,

I ran the cable balanced. This cable for me didn't improve much on the bass but the charity and treble extended quite a bit. It made the 335 a bit more neutral/smoother for me.

I honestly think any good braided silver OCC cable will do a decent job. I bought the Brimar because I already have the Helix SP V2. I suggest you give that one a try because I think that one is a much better value.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #14,409 of 37,696
Thanks for the advice, I like Peter's work and might indeed try DHC.

I suggest you go with any 4 braided cables. I got the 8 wire one but I think it was an overkill.

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #14,411 of 37,696
I would like to share my wooden iem JVC HA FX - 850 witb Duet Balance Amp

Source : AK 240 Amp : Cypher Labs Duet

IEM : JVC HA FX - 850

Cable : Duet line In : AK 240 Balance TRRS Adapter / RSA female from DHC > RSA male to RSA male from Tralucent UBER

Sound Quality :

High : sparkle with rich in detail

Mid : is very clear has a bit sibilance on Chinese Songs

Bass : very good bass impact .Duet can improve Bloomy bass from JVC HA FX 850 to very tight and detail bass.

Separation : very good music separation.

Soundstage :
very wide and has good depth

Overall :
Sound Qulaity is very good in term of clarity .if in Chinese Songs without a bit sibilance .Duet in balance woild be perfect for JVC HA FX 850.IMO

The way to connect between ak 240 balance TRRS to Duet RSA balance : use Short adapter from DHC + any RSA to RSS male balance or use DHC Silver litz Trrs to RSA male

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #14,412 of 37,696
VentureCraft GO-DAP DD Limited 12v (MUSES02) -> Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus -> Wagnus ALPHA VALVOLA -> Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus -> Wagnus Bialbero Epsilon S -> Custom made DHC direct connection / solder free 6.3mm-3.5mm adapter -> Wagnus PAD EVOLUZIONE -> WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 7 IEM Cable -> Hidition NT-6 Pro

(Cables re-terminated by Peter of DHC)

This is a GOD LEVEL portable rig, it is simply unreal...might be one of the worlds absolute best portable rigs yet...

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #14,413 of 37,696
Anyone know of a amp/dac I Can pair my DX90 with? 

Something with a bit of a sparkle to suit my 1964 V8s.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #14,414 of 37,696
^^^ Hi Zach
I am agree with your opinion , that's your set up is one of the best portable set up in the world

:beerchug:

Please at in between HUGO , than would be the best set up in the world for portable / transportable set up and use DHC COAXIAL cable between your Go Dap dd 1 LE to Hugo .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back