Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 26, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #14,003 of 37,672
Roy Cristobal, I currently own iPod Classic and am looking to begin down the Hi res path. As you were in a similar position please tell us your thoughts on the iPod compared to X5.
Do you think you will begin to use the iPod less often now you have X5.
Have you tried the X5 with the E17?
Also you have a good selection of quality IEMs, how different do they sound with X5,E17 or X5+E17
Interested in your thoughts to help me decide how to proceed, Thanks

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #14,004 of 37,672
Ipod alone cannot defeat the sq of the x5.I'll still be using my ipod+E17 with my W60, i tried to pair my W60 with the X5 w/out amp and i think theres a little bit lacking on the treble and the vocals are more emphasize. I like the sound of ipod+e17+w60. But i already ordered e12 for X5 and try it later with the w60, I tried also the X5+IE80 w/out amp its more better than w60+X5 when comparing on treble.Ipod alone in both headphone are not good it produces a very flat sounds, lack of treble, clarity, muddy bass and very poor soundstage. I partner the X5 to E17, the result is not good for me. I think that E17 is better to partner in all idevices by using a LOD cable. For this moment im using a normal eq on X5+IE80 and i love the soud signature. When E12 arrive i will make a review on both rigs. As i read on the reviews X5+E12 are better partners.But if you rockbox the ipod the sound will definite be different. Paring on both headphones makes fantastic even without amps. But its more better if the ipod is rockboxed and plus the E17 gives more better sounds. As of now thats my impression to my X5, i just only use it for how many hour and maybe it will have to burn to produce a good quality sounds. I use FLAC on X5 and ipod rockboxed.Thats my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back