Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #10,760 of 37,619
The plastic "holster" is designed to fit around the entire lower half of the iphone. The corners of the ipod classic are more pronounced and thicker than the iphone so the classic won't fully dock with the connector.

I removed the corners of the holster, and it fits perfectly. To do this safely, you need to disassemble the unit completely, but it's not hard.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #10,761 of 37,619
The plastic "holster" is designed to fit around the entire lower half of the iphone. The corners of the ipod classic are more pronounced and thicker than the iphone so the classic won't fully dock with the connector.

I removed the corners of the holster, and it fits perfectly. To do this safely, you need to disassemble the unit completely, but it's not hard.
So if remove the corners of the holster it will fit securely without the need of a band?

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #10,762 of 37,619
So if remove the corners of the holster it will fit securely without the need of a band?

It depends on the player. I have a 160gb thin classic, and I don't strictly need a band. Though I will still use one to make sure the dock connector doesn't get damaged if it ever came loose. Thicker ipods like the 160gb fatty and the 80gb ipod video may not clip as well.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #10,763 of 37,619
It depends on the player. I have a 160gb thin classic, and I don't strictly need a band. Though I will still use one to make sure the dock connector doesn't get damaged if it ever came loose. Thicker ipods like the 160gb fatty and the 80gb ipod video may not clip as well.
Great info man thanks, if you can add some more pics of the part you cut it would be extremely helpful!

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #10,764 of 37,619
  Can't remember if I posted this here or not.

My in-flight IEM bass-kit.

There is no DAP - I use my iPod, but this can be used with in-flight entertainment, PSP, 3DS.. Any source you feel like listening to.

Please excuse my noobness, but could someone explain this setup to me? Is the top device (zo2) a dac? If so, how does it connect to non digital outputs like on 3ds/psp?

EDIT: Never mind, just found out the zo2 is for adjusting bass quantities :p

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #10,765 of 37,619
Nice work Punnisher!

Quote:
  Ahh, by 'mod them' I meant 'mod the drivers'. I have a Parts Express headband coming to replace the stock ones because I find them to be difficult to adjust. I also want to perform the 75 ohm resistor mod as well as recable the things. 

I did plan to remove the original drivers from a Pickering OA-7 and put in the Sportapro ones but after learning that I need to remove the pads to do such a thing I'm starting to have second thoughts. Apparently the Sportapros and Portapros share the same drivers and therefore should sound similar - I don't know anything other than that, sorry 
redface.gif

How are the mods coming BiaB? Would love some pics :3

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #10,766 of 37,619
  How are the mods coming BiaB? Would love some pics :3

I've switched from planning to use Sportapro drivers to planning to use orthodynamic drivers. I've spotted a pair of HP-2s that are going pretty cheap and I'm going to try and snap them up. However, I haven't gotten the OA-7 yet and I plan to do the mods once I get back to Hong Kong. A bit anticlimatic, sorry 
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #10,769 of 37,619

Users who are viewing this thread

Back