Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #10,772 of 37,672
I've switched from planning to use Sportapro drivers to planning to use orthodynamic drivers. I've spotted a pair of HP-2s that are going pretty cheap and I'm going to try and snap them up. However, I haven't gotten the OA-7 yet and I plan to do the mods once I get back to Hong Kong. A bit anticlimatic, sorry :D  

No problem, I can be patient! Looking forward to the completed project :)

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #10,773 of 37,672
No problem, I can be patient! Looking forward to the completed project
smily_headphones1.gif

Additionally, I've just snapped up a TDS-5 and TDS-5M - ortho clones of the Yamaha HP-1 apparently. Also, I kind of want to buy an AKG K141M chassis to transplant one of the ortho drivers into...but it costs $50 including shipping, so I'm seriously debating it. Should I pull the trigger?

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #10,775 of 37,672
In the end I declined. $50 was a bit too steep for me.

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #10,777 of 37,672
  Can't remember if I posted this here or not.

My in-flight IEM bass-kit.

There is no DAP - I use my iPod, but this can be used with in-flight entertainment, PSP, 3DS.. Any source you feel like listening to.

....looking at that just reminded me that i really need to re-shell my 3Move...

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #10,781 of 37,672
It's past two am here, and I'm up cramming for an exam I have in a few hours after procrastinating for a week.

Currently listening to my current favorite opera through the X5 and my ASG-2. I feel like I'm sitting in a grand opera hall surrounded by my own personal orchestra and vocalists. It's moments like this that remind me why I'm in this hobby

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #10,784 of 37,672
How's the C3 with the T1?

It's especially good in soundstage width and overall smoothness, the presentation takes a strong hold on T1's influences over C3 or equally between them. You can hear the extra refinement T1 offers, tighter low end. I think a stronger line out signal would benefit further as C3 is a little weak in output power, T1 would appreciate being fed the extra power to work with. Overall though for the price it sounds pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back