Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #9,858 of 37,682
I believe Lee uses that cable because he really enjoys the sound of the Tralucent interconnect which only comes with straight jacks. Having that interconnect here its a nice sounding cable, though ill try and persuade him to go for a silver cable I rate higher and can be made with right angle jacks. Rather important Lee takes any strain off the S-Mod input, or bad things could happen.

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #9,859 of 37,682
I believe Lee uses that cable because he really enjoys the sound of the Tralucent interconnect which only comes with straight jacks. Having that interconnect here its a nice sounding cable, though ill try and persuade him to go for a silver cable I rate higher and can be made with right angle jacks. Rather important Lee takes any strain off the S-Mod input, or bad things could happen.

Or just order a uber mini-mini ic from gavin also ; D

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #9,860 of 37,682
The M50x...nice!

thanks! i was suppose to get the hd25s, but i can't justify the price if i'm just going to use them at home. luckily, these where already released and was on sale - they made my day!
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #9,861 of 37,682
  I guess a new cable warrants new shots of The Rig 
biggrin.gif

DX50 -> Solid silver IC (recently repaired) w. angled Neutriks -> PB2 -> Plussound 28AWG SPC w. Hirose & clear angled Westone* pins, sanded Neutrik barrel used as a cinch -> Noble Audio K10. 

Or, you know, The Rig for short.

(No, not Westone, but gold-plated Westone compatible diy pins.)

very nice cable 

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #9,863 of 37,682
Feb 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #9,864 of 37,682
The old legend strike back With WAV file , No hi res file
Sound quality is excellent

Source : iPhone 4 s
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 LE muse 02
Amp : pico Power amp
Headphone : ultrasone Sig DJ

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #9,865 of 37,682
Or just order a uber mini-mini ic from gavin also ; D

I will be getting a mini-uber interconnect in for demo purposes. I'm still debating if I sould get it with right angled jacks. If I like it I will buy it outright (knowing my luck I probably will lol).

I have a 5OCC pure silver cable interconnect that I've generaly never gotten along with. Just makes the sound too aggressive for me on everything I've used it with lol...

Why not using low profile connectors? Unless you do not use it on the go? 

I don't use this rig on the go. The uber is too expensive to risk taking out with me. Unless I'm stationary. I've taken the S-mod out with me though.

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #9,866 of 37,682
New SE846 for me... sounds great out of the ZX1. I'm using the white treble filter, and Sony Hybrid tips (the combination of which really opens up the soundstage and provides wonderful detail and clarity). Thought the sound was a bit too rolled off with the blue neutral filter in place.

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #9,868 of 37,682
cn11, how do you like the SE846's for rock music, I'm thinking about picking up a pair for myself soon to go w/ the FIIO X5 when it comes out. Also, is that the stock cable, any thought's on upgrading it if it's not?

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #9,869 of 37,682
cn11, how do you like the SE846's for rock music, I'm thinking about picking up a pair for myself soon to go w/ the FIIO X5 when it comes out. Also, is that the stock cable, any thought's on upgrading it if it's not?

So far I find them great for rock music. The low end is really impressive and contributes to the competence with rock. I do only have the stock cable for now. I'm researching something else to try though. I'm thinking either silver or silver plated copper. I don't believe in spending an arm and a leg for cables though, so I would like to find one under $200. I wish BTG Audio made one with the Shure connectors, but unfortunately Brian doesn't have access to those for some reason.

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #9,870 of 37,682
Yeah, I feel the same way about cables, don't mind spending a little, but nothing crazy. I think Moon Audio sells a Silver Dragon for them for about $180, anybody have any impressions on that cable with the SE846's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back