Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #9,346 of 37,643
For a long time I have not plugged in my iphone 4s headphone jack with my iem's. When I did this morning in the office for curiosity, it sounded muddy, very light  bass and 2d sound stage (no depth). It's very laidback too. I remember the ip4s didn't sound bad back then when I bought it.

It reminds me just how far I have come thru.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #9,347 of 37,643

This is very brief impressions. I normally prefer to spend much more time with a pair of earphones before forming a more solid thought. At initial impressions, the Donguri seems more "tonally balanced" than the Sui to my ears. To me the Sui does seem more on the darkish side (or maybe dark isn't the right word?). The Donguri extends the upper mids and trebles nicely. Soundstage of the Donguri is also quite wide for a pair of small IEMs. If there's any nitpicking it probably doesn't have the resolution I'm accustomed to and the weight for me make it a little difficult to walk around with - but sitting down listening is naturally fine. Of the Ocharaku range, I think the Donguri may top my list.

Donguri is better than Kaede?

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #9,351 of 37,643

Momentum and FiiO X3. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #9,355 of 37,643

My portable rig
iPod Nano 7th Gen
RSA the shadow
ALO green line mini to mini
Sennheiser IE800 IEM

Love the Green line IC's size compared to the rest of the rig 
tongue_smile.gif
 That rig would also look nice with one of those Headstage super-low-profile IC's!

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #9,359 of 37,643

Phone snap of what's keeping me awake at the office today 
smile.gif

DX50 -> DIY silver IC w. shortened Neutriks -> Ibasso PB2 -> DIY Heir Magnus cable w. shortened Hirose & angled Westone connectors. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #9,360 of 37,643

Phone snap of what's keeping me awake at the office today :smile:
DX50 -> DIY silver IC w. shortened Neutriks -> Ibasso PB2 -> DIY Heir Magnus cable w. shortened Hirose & angled Westone connectors. 

I dig that color!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back