Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #8,626 of 37,653
EQ Settings on the X3 do not work with LO, only headphone out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the EQ settings work with line-out, doesn't that indicate that it's not a "true" line-out? Wouldn't there have to be some internal functions controlling the signal?

I am not sure, but definitely changing the volume does not work either. Although for most people this is not an issue, but if the volume is changeable on the lineout, like on the ck4+ or dx50, I am never sure about what volume is best. In the end I take the loudest setting.

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #8,630 of 37,653
Pretty good job by Onkyo. Tyll seems to love them too and most importantly they compete with $300 cans but can be found for $130.

Sound wise they are on the slightly warmer side with a nice clean sound and they equalize well too. Bass is punchy, mids a tiny bit recessed and shimmering treble. Overall they can compete with the Sennheiser Momentum, Beyer 1350 etc.

I've never had the pleasure of hearing a pair of Onkyo headphones! All I can say is that I love my Onkyo 7.2ch AVR :)

Beautiful looking headphones too, I might add.

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #8,631 of 37,653
They are so good, I am getting the IEM too. Onkyo did get it right the first time and the detachable cable is simply marvelous.
Overall a product that seems properly researched and developed before being introduced to the market unlike other companies where you are the beta tester.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #8,632 of 37,653

Same rig, different day. Removed the O rings and added some dual lock. Still not sure I like it.

Edit - Not sure I like the dual lock, not the rig. The rigs very pleasing to my ears.

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #8,634 of 37,653
How are you liking those AX60 mate? Treating you well are they?

Indeed they are.

Very fun and detailed. If the mids were a touch more forward they would be just right for me. However, from my limited experience of different IEM's, there the best I have tried.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #8,635 of 37,653
Indeed they are.

Very fun and detailed. If the mids were a touch more forward they would be just right for me. However, from my limited experience of different IEM's, there the best I have tried.

Wonderful immersive soundstage, makes the presentation quite a fun involving experience, they also layer very well. I have some pop tracks they did very well bringing out the hidden nuisances. They were however just a smidgen warm for my tastes. Enjoy them.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #8,636 of 37,653
My stealth combo:

iPad Air 128GB Space Gray -> Centrance HiFi-M8 -> Fostex TH600

Congrats for your new iPad air 128 Gb and you Hi Fi M8

My set up is same like your

Source : IPad Air 128 Gb white
Dac / Amp : Centrance Hi Fi M8
Headphone : Fistex TH 900
Cable : USB to lightning from japan
Sq : audiophile sound quality with WAV music file
IMO

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #8,638 of 37,653
Congrats for your new iPad air 128 Gb and you Hi Fi M8

My set up is same like your

Source : IPad Air 128 Gb white
Dac / Amp : Centrance Hi Fi M8
Headphone : Fistex TH 900
Cable : USB to lightning from japan
Sq : audiophile sound quality with WAV music file
IMO

I have a similar setup. The m8 out to the tu-05 driving the th900's is a joyous combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back