Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 2, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #11,056 of 37,783

Does anyone have any suggestions for safely and conveniently storing and carrying my CIEMs?

The hard shell jewelry case that came with them is convenient, but a bit small as I feel like i am compressing/bending the connectors unless they are place perfectly. The NT6pros use a musician's fit going to the second bend making them larger, awkward, and hard to place correctly. Plus the case doesn't have any cord management so the cord is getting squished as it sticks out the side. It takes a couple minutes to get them in there correctly so it is not as easy to use as it would seem. I have been using a quick and easy larger square zipper case that they lay in loosely and click together when shook, but this isn't a really good solution either.

Desired Case Characteristics:
  • Compact: Is compact for travel and easy to store in a drawer.
  • Secure: I can secure each ear piece individually.
  • Cable Management: Something to wind the cable on.
  • Easy Access: Access in seconds, not minutes, easy to open.
  • Affordable: No more than $50, less is better. Unless no other good options.

Love this, but it may be a bit big and probably expensive if even available and the custom inserts are an issue:
JH-audio.jpg

I just ordered the below item to give it a try, but the storage in the middle looks too small for CIEMs so I may have to use for other IEMs. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
41Zcy750TIL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057AKYQS/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Use a pelican 1010 case.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #11,057 of 37,783

Does anyone have any suggestions for safely and conveniently storing and carrying my CIEMs?

The hard shell jewelry case that came with them is convenient, but a bit small as I feel like i am compressing/bending the connectors unless they are place perfectly. The NT6pros use a musician's fit going to the second bend making them larger, awkward, and hard to place correctly. Plus the case doesn't have any cord management so the cord is getting squished as it sticks out the side. It takes a couple minutes to get them in there correctly so it is not as easy to use as it would seem. I have been using a quick and easy larger square zipper case that they lay in loosely and click together when shook, but this isn't a really good solution either.

Love this, but it may be a bit big and probably expensive if even available and the custom inserts are an issue:
JH-audio.jpg

I just ordered the below item to give it a try, but the storage in the middle looks too small for CIEMs so I may have to use for other IEMs. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
41Zcy750TIL.jpg

Use a pelican 1010 case.

Do you leave them loose or do you use a customized insert to secure the CIEMs?

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #11,058 of 37,783

People usually cut out a foam insert for the CIEMs. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #11,060 of 37,783
41Zcy750TIL.jpg

I have a couple of these without the hard shells. Very practical and work nicely. The hard shell is a good idea to protect the iem housing. The case diameter is about 3.25".

I used it for IE80/EX1000/4.Ai, but now I just throw EXK in my shirt pocket. Faster and more convenient.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #11,061 of 37,783

JH-audio.jpg

41Zcy750TIL.jpg

Use a pelican 1010 case.

People usually cut out a foam insert for the CIEMs. 

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1012-Pick-Pluck-Micro-Case/dp/B00512WN6G/ref=pd_cp_p_1

For kicks, I ordered the Pelican 1010 with the pick pluck insert to see what I can do. Does anyone have a picture of how they customize and use the pick pluck foam? What do you do for cable management - just rap around hand and press between door and foam? Or do you have a better (more OCD) option?

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #11,063 of 37,783
Giving a different flavour a try.

I'm using the same set up but with a portaphile 627 micro. You should of got a blue pico power instead to match your dd. Nice looking mini to mini, where do you get it from?  I can tell from the headphone jack that you are using some westone iem, um3x maybe? If so, me too :) 

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #11,064 of 37,783

For kicks, I ordered the Pelican 1010 with the pick pluck insert to see what I can do. Does anyone have a picture of how they customize and use the pick pluck foam? What do you do for cable management - just rap around hand and press between door and foam? Or do you have a better (more OCD) option?

This is what Sorensiim is using for his CIEM:s.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #11,065 of 37,783
May be here is THE alternative source for external DAC:  the Panasonic FZ-M1

A rugged 7" Tablet with USB 3, Windows 8.1 pro 64 bits & 256 Gb on board + MicroSD : 384 Gb    

--> by by ONKO player & UAPP,  Welcome  JRiver or Foobar :)

what do you think ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back