Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,081 of 37,783
Thank you, here is a view inside the cMoy 

gKyde.jpg

You are lucky man , that you can do it your self
And mini to mini you did by your self as well
You can improve the SQ anytime you want
Not like me :D

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,082 of 37,783
Now here is a combination that I just listened to tonight while shoveling the walk...
The little C3 amazes me more every day.

beerchug.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #1,083 of 37,783

Ety ER4PT + CUSTOM FIT tips Cowon Z2 VERY disappointing DAP 
frown.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #1,084 of 37,783
It looks so nice though... 
frown.gif
 What's the problem?

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,085 of 37,783
Quote:
My Tralucent 1+2 with Alo and. Cyberlab class - dB set up
Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac : Cyberlab Class -dB
Amp : alo Rx 3 B balance portable amp
Iem : Tralucent 1+2 with silver cable
Cable : class -dB to alo Rx 3 B use Alo copper balance cable
iPhone 4 S to class -dB use Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 mini usb to Lod

You getting any hiss from the MKIII when pairing it to IEM's?

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,086 of 37,783
^ with super sensitive iem like fit eae 334 and shure se 535 le new class -dB + new alo Rx 3 B has very minor hissing .

Not like alo Rx 3 b first batch .

Alo has improve the hissing iheir latest batch .

But with class solo original has hissing quiet laud

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #1,087 of 37,783
The internal Amp HAS NO BALLS, can't run any IEM's for crap, UM3X RC's Included (Walkman X and Z are SOOOO much better especially the X with the ER4PT's with the Clearbass turned up HELL YEAH!)combine that with the fact that there is no line out walkman or apple style, and you have one craptastic DAP!

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #1,089 of 37,783
anyway bought a 3rd gen iPod Touch to replace it, Listening to the "Movie soundtracks" channel on Sky.FM Premium MUCH better (though not as good as the Walkmans)

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #1,090 of 37,783
It's not too often you hear someone say (or admit) that an iPod Touch sounds better than a Cowon 
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #1,091 of 37,783
BattleBrat, agree with you that cowons really arent great at all, got the j3 as my very first dap and I hate it, its a muddy peace of schiit on neutral, bbe, watev, it just sucks. Closed in soundstage, very lacking in details, etc.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #1,092 of 37,783
Quote:
The internal Amp HAS NO BALLS, can't run any IEM's for crap, UM3X RC's Included (Walkman X and Z are SOOOO much better especially the X with the ER4PT's with the Clearbass turned up HELL YEAH!)combine that with the fact that there is no line out walkman or apple style, and you have one craptastic DAP!

BattleBrat, you need to learn how to express yourself, to get across what you think.  
etysmile.gif
 hehehe

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #1,093 of 37,783
The Z2 is in the for sale forums now, I actually talked an ETY fan OUT of buying it, blowing my own sale (couldn't do that to another ETY fan...)

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,094 of 37,783
Quote:
BattleBrat, agree with you that cowons really arent great at all, got the j3 as my very first dap and I hate it, its a muddy peace of schiit on neutral, bbe, watev, it just sucks. Closed in soundstage, very lacking in details, etc.

For me it's a bit cold sounding, but not muddy at all. I have a lot of really nicely mastered albums that sound damn good out of the J3, so I can't go that far in criticizing it. I have a Led Zeppelin I ripped from vinyl that sounds terrific, just top notch. I think what you get for the money is pretty good, but I'm sure the upper-tier products dance circles around it. What would probably make it sound better to me is a warmer set of iems - my GR07s are also a touch cold and on the neutral side of the street. Maybe some 3Ais would warm things up...The ipod 5.5 absolutely sounds better to me, but that could be due to Rockbox...it's like getting a warm hug compared to the J3. YMMV as always...

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #1,095 of 37,783
For me it's a bit cold sounding, but not muddy at all. I have a lot of really nicely mastered albums that sound damn good out of the J3, so I can't go that far in criticizing it. I have a Led Zeppelin I ripped from vinyl that sounds terrific, just top notch. I think what you get for the money is pretty good, but I'm sure the upper-tier products dance circles around it. What would probably make it sound better to me is a warmer set of iems - my GR07s are also a touch cold and on the neutral side of the street. Maybe some 3Ais would warm things up...The ipod 5.5 absolutely sounds better to me, but that could be due to Rockbox...it's like getting a warm hug compared to the J3. YMMV as always...

Hifiman HM-601 sounds like what you're after, it has the warm musical tone you want, I would also be considering amping your ipod 5.5 with a slightly warm amp. Something like the C&C BH for I recently discovered for $100 would certainly sit nicely, it puts a wonderful smooth atmosphere over your music.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

I agree after trying Colorfly C3, CK4 and Hifiman the Cowons are rather placid they're not to adventurous, I did however find the S9 fairly detailed enough. Though sometimes it takes hearing better gear to know what you're missing, that's what happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back