Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #10,486 of 37,653

Thanks Podster.

60$ is quite expensive for a case, imo. 
If I drop my rig, it would hit the ground, amp first so there is no point really...

Yes, you can sure find cases for a lot less. I usually put my strapped DAP/AMP into a good case anyway so the Yo-Tank would be overkill and added weight. I will admit the thing is bulletproof and many military members have them in the field with only IEM's on them but you can literally drive over a Yo-Tank and not damage your device
cool.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #10,487 of 37,653
NICE SET-UP !

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #10,489 of 37,653
Mar 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #10,490 of 37,653

New pipe, new photo. Went to ALO in Portland and listened to a couple of different LOD's. Couldn't believe the difference from the basic FiiO. Went with the big boy.

iPod 3rd Gen, ALO Triple Pipe LOD, C&C BH2, FiiO RC-UE2 cable, Triple Fi 10's

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #10,491 of 37,653

New pipe, new photo. Went to ALO in Portland and listened to a couple of different LOD's. Couldn't believe the difference from the basic FiiO. Went with the big boy.

Good for you that you hear a difference with Alo LOD. When I tried it all I can hear in my head is "You can make one yourself at the fraction of the price"

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #10,492 of 37,653

Good for you that you hear a difference with Alo LOD. When I tried it all I can hear in my head is "You can make one yourself at the fraction of the price"

Ha! No kidding. If you want to make one, I'll take it :). Honestly, I went to get an amp wallet and tried a couple of their LOD's on a whim. Difference was night and day - even between this LOD and their other offerings. He explained all the high gauge materials, but I didn't care so much at the time. I just knew I couldn't walk out without one knowing how good it sounded. And no, I didn't want one that stuck out 2 inches, but after I heard it compared to the Low Rider, again, couldn't disagree with the sound.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #10,493 of 37,653
  Ha! No kidding. If you want to make one, I'll take it :). Honestly, I went to get an amp wallet and tried a couple of their LOD's on a whim. Difference was night and day - even between this LOD and their other offerings. He explained all the high gauge materials, but I didn't care so much at the time. I just knew I couldn't walk out without one knowing how good it sounded. And no, I didn't want one that stuck out 2 inches, but after I heard it compared to the Low Rider, again, couldn't disagree with the sound.

I did. I went out to get the best cable I can find (22 gauge, OFC silverplated cable and low profile righ-angled plugs) and made my own custom LOD fit for my stack. I only spent 1/5 the cost Alo was asking and I still have plenty of spare wire.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #10,494 of 37,653
I"m sure with 14 post old Monty is an authority Head:-0 I like your IC (more like an ITAP) but sweet none the less. Cable resistance is none existent as well. Sweet:wink:

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #10,496 of 37,653
Don't knock the newcomers.  They have as much right to be here as you.  
cool.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #10,500 of 37,653

You have a good taste in setup I dig it man, great synergy when I borrowed a friends tf10's and plugged em into my c&c bh. To be honest the tf10's sound a lot like my ue 6000 headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back