Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 13, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #7,351 of 37,669

Sorry to hear that (actually the first time I read ADHD) but I am glad music is able to keep you focused. Nothing better than that. I am a heavy music listener too and music keeps me fresh and relaxed. Problem is I am often sucked into music and enjoy it and lose focus on other things. LOL When I have some serious deadlines I have to refrain myself from listening to music and focus on the task. Unfortunately I can't handle both at the same time.

I can understand the importance of your audio rigs to you. As I used to say, they have grown to become my body parts.
k701smile.gif

There have been air-drumming incidents at work where I suddenly became the entertainment for the rest of the office while trying to keep up with Christoph Schneider on my imaginary drums 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #7,352 of 37,669
  There have been air-drumming incidents at work where I suddenly became the entertainment for the rest of the office while trying to keep up with Christoph Schneider on my imaginary drums 
biggrin.gif

Haha. I don't know if I did anything like that but the office people had to come to my desk many times letting me know either my phone was ringing (for too long) or on ring tone (also for too long ) b/c I accidentally and unknowingly shifted the phone handle. Too bad they can't fire me.
wink_face.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #7,355 of 37,669
Oct 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #7,358 of 37,669
Originally Posted by Angular Mo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That MUST be the tiniest 3.5mm male to male cable (M2Tech's output) I have EVER seen!  
Who makes that and where can one buy it?

It bundles with Arrow 4T amp. 2 cables provided, tip-to-tip 2cm (seen in picture) other 3cm.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #7,360 of 37,669
@Rudi, thanks!
It is too extreme for me to spend thousands of dollars on cables and hours to detect sonic differences...
Its the reason that your impressions are valuable.
I am enjoying this hobby at my own pace.. I think the pace will become a lot slower as the prices go up and up...
I think i need to buy a few more pairs of k420 for my friends

Thank you CosmicHolyGhost
I try to share my personal impression here , that all my fiends can buy directly the correct set up for their portable rigs

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #7,361 of 37,669
Anywhere I can purchase those cables on their own?

Just do what I did, buy a refurbished 3G for 149€ and supposedly get 2 cables budled :D still cheaper than any ALO IC :D

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #7,363 of 37,669
  Well I don't know where to ask this question so I am gonna give a try here.

Is there a dac/amp combo which supports rockboxed ipod classic 7g?

Fiio E07k/E17?

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #7,364 of 37,669
  Well I don't know where to ask this question so I am gonna give a try here.

Is there a dac/amp combo which supports rockboxed ipod classic 7g?

Oh whoops. I was going to respond but then I was thinking about jailbreaking, not Rockbox. I'm still not sure though. Jailbreaking destroys the "integrity" of playback...some complicated matters regarding Apple's signing of the audio output or some confusing thing like that, such that you can't use an external DAC with the jailbroken device.

Rockbox does support a line-out feature, which would be beneficial for the amp, but I don't know about a digital out feature for the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back