Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #5,941 of 37,648

My portable computer rig gets upgraded...

MBP-Fostex HP-A3-ALO MK3-B+-LabKable uber cable-Abyss AB1266

Never knew the MKIII-B+ had the grunt to drive the Abyss

From what I've read it's probably the strongest portable made today. And the new version Mk3b+ is supposed to be even better with better battery life. Can't wait till mine comes in next week.

Thanks,

:evil:

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #5,942 of 37,648
Quote:
From what I've read it's probably the strongest portable made today. And the new version Mk3b+ is supposed to be even better with better battery life. Can't wait till mine comes in next week.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I own a -B and it didn't synergize to well with my Q701. Well, it had enough grunt for the Q701 and drove my 600 ohm K240 pretty good but with my Q can the headphone on the -B just sounded off

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #5,945 of 37,648

Just arrived! 
biggrin.gif
 New ASG-2 paired with hippo biscuit.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #5,947 of 37,648
Quote:
Is there a newer / revised version of the ASG-2?? I have the ASG-2 in the frosted finish but the logo on mine isn't in Black (is this a new addition)?

I don't know for sure why the paint is on the logo, but he has the bass port so maybe that is the reason for it. I know for a fact that no official revisions have been made to the ASG-2 yet. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #5,949 of 37,648
I don't know for sure why the paint is on the logo, but he has the bass port so maybe that is the reason for it. I know for a fact that no official revisions have been made to the ASG-2 yet. 

My ASG-2 have the tuneable bass port as well but no paint on the logo....in fact her's mine with the AK120

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #5,950 of 37,648
Is there a newer / revised version of the ASG-2?? I have the ASG-2 in the frosted finish but the logo on mine isn't in Black (is this a new addition)?

Nope haha. No new revision. .I just special ordered mine like that :)

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #5,951 of 37,648
Quote:
Nope haha. No new revision. .I just special ordered mine like that
smily_headphones1.gif

I see we're not just dealing with an audiophile but a wise man as well....I can dig that combo a lot. How you liking your new set of IEMs?

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #5,953 of 37,648
so uhhh these are mine... i switch out the headphones depending on what mood im in that day....
main rig: rockboxed sansa fuze 8gb + 8gb sd card, diy lod, mutant fiio e11

audio technica ws55
just got these this week, gonna switch out the jack because i really dont like right angle plugs...

sennheiser hd-25 adidas
about a year or 2 years old and still kickin! reterminated with viablue jack... the small one...

pioneer hdj-500
this is my second pair, my first snapped at the headband, sent it in for a warranty replacement, and now this one snapped at the pivot section on the right side... i took a soldering iron and just melted everything together... so far so good lol, i dont use these as often anymore though but i still like them haha

edit: oh and ill put these in too

ipod nano + tiktok watch band + kokia bluetooth transmitter and tenqa remxd headphones
the headphones are probably the worst... just nothing to them, i use them when i go the pool or park so if they break its not a big deal

and before anyone asks, the diy lod is made from the charging cable, i just rewired it according to a guide i found on google.... and also if you noticed my e11 has a rubberband around itself, thats because i was unfortunate enough to drop my rig while riding my bike, the input jack on the e11 broke off and the jack on the fuze broke as well, thats why i made the lod and i also transplanted the jack on the e11 from an old broken e11, but to get to the jacks i dremeled through the plastic above the 2 jacks and so now the top cover doesnt stay on so i had to rubberband it to hold the cover in place haha

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #5,954 of 37,648
Quote:
I see we're not just dealing with an audiophile but a wise man as well....I can dig that combo a lot. How you liking your new set of IEMs?

Theyre almost exactly what I wanted having a very good midrange but Ive noticed that the ASG are very source dependent...

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #5,955 of 37,648
Quote:
Theyre almost exactly what I wanted having a very good midrange but Ive noticed that the ASG are very source dependent...

you are correct my friend. Source in both the hardware and software side. I find the better the DAC/Amp with the better source file usually makes for the best results. They can be quite unforgiving to poor quality input. It's part of the reason I got a set of AS-1's after already owning AS-2's. Now I have  CIEM for most everything I listen to. Though for the most part, I only listen to my own personal CD rips from my collection of discs. 

I have to admit though, I recently have not been doing any portable listening, mainly because of transitioning to having a job and not being a student anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back