Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #5,686 of 37,668
Quote:
SkyBleu , where do i apply for a citizenship ???? ! hahahaha nice rig BTW!

Alrighty, that's all from my derailment of this thread.

Carry on.

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #5,688 of 37,668
That's not even Straya', the steering wheel is on the wrong side mate... For shame, for shame...

Oh dear...can't believe that totally slipped my mind!

Yes, I truly deserve that shaming...

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #5,689 of 37,668
How would you say that sounds compared to your iPod Classic?
It's sounds pretty close when I use the same amp, but the clip actually has a crappy dac. It has excellent wiring and circuitry though and that's why it sounds so impressive,

An ipod 5.5 has a great dac but very very poor wiring and circuitry, the Imod fixes that and sounds really good

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #5,690 of 37,668
iPod 6G and 7G = iPod Classic

iPod 5G and 5.5G = iPod Video

Different devices, different names, and different sound signature.

Jul 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #5,692 of 37,668
The UI of rockboxed iPod video's or classic's put audiophiles' gears to shame. I think we can all agree on that.
wink_face.gif

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #5,693 of 37,668
That pretty much reflects my experience mpawl between Sansa and iPod VIDEO. Actually I think I preferred the clip+ straight from the headphone out.

I hope your mods do marvelous things to the Apple players, UI or not I'll keep my Colorfly player until I hear one and make an assessment.

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #5,694 of 37,668

Unseen amp is the Arrow 3G

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #5,695 of 37,668
Quote:
I hope your mods do marvelous things to the Apple players, UI or not I'll keep my Colorfly player until I hear one and make an assessment.

Since I became a head-fi'er the best thing I have done is to get my hands on modding these ipod video's and explore the wonder of the world myself. Never would I expect or know or believe how these caps could actually alter the sound quality so much with a direct out mod (big thanks to those head-fi'ers who know whom I am talking about). I am a heavy listener of classical music and I consider some symphonies and orchestral work are the most demanding for sound quality especially in terms of details and separations to avoid congestion and muddiness (which I hate even just a little bit in my music). And this mod of mine just put a smile on my face when I do the critical listening to these music pieces.

At one point I was thinking about selling the RX MK2 because it sounded a little too dark and laid back. It's the mods that have brought the amp back to my liking, and in fact I may have under estimated this little beauty initially.

With that said, I have not heard any audiophile's daps. The only non-ipod dap I tried was a J3, which was disappointing to my ears. To put my mind in peace, I am tempting to buy the AK120 from Amazon and give it a try. If it falls short of my expectations (not the UI), I can just return the sucker back to Amazon. One thing I know I won't go to the route of 24bits.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #5,697 of 37,668
Since I became a head-fi'er the best thing I have done is to get my hands on modding these ipod video's and explore the wonder of the world myself. Never would I expect or know or believe how these caps could actually alter the sound quality so much with a direct out mod (big thanks to those head-fi'ers who know whom I am talking about). I am a heavy listener of classical music and I consider some symphonies and orchestral work are the most demanding for sound quality especially in terms of details and separations to avoid congestion and muddiness (which I hate even just a little bit in my music). And this mod of mine just put a smile on my face when I do the critical listening to these music pieces.

At one point I was thinking about selling the RX MK2 because it sounded a little too dark and laid back. It's the mods that have brought the amp back to my liking, and in fact I may have under estimated this little beauty initially.

With that said, I have not heard any audiophile's daps. The only non-ipod dap I tried was a J3, which was disappointing to my ears. To put my mind in peace, I am tempting to buy the AK120 from Amazon and give it a try. If it falls short of my expectations (not the UI), I can just return the sucker back to Amazon. One thing I know I won't go to the route of 24bits.

"Trying out" via Amazon? How about buying it and then reselling it instead of just trying it out. Or audition it at a meet or store if it's available.

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #5,700 of 37,668
That pretty much reflects my experience mpawl between Sansa and iPod VIDEO. Actually I think I preferred the clip+ straight from the headphone out.

I had to send my video back to turkey lol, when I shipped it the first time I left the battery in it and it got fried,

I had to replace the logic board. audiominor is redoing the mod for free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back