Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #3,362 of 37,686
Quote:
If I'm not wrong, those are westone star tips, really awesome tips, love them with my um3x.

Good eyes!  I was using Comply tips, but I like the way these sound better.  

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #3,363 of 37,686
Quote:
No need for recabling when the cable is removable...he just upgrades the cable I think.

You are correct.  The cable is listed under the pic, it's a Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #3,365 of 37,686
Quote:
Oh yeah!!!! (Beating myself up...) .. .but it isn't the usual braided one, is it?

This is the only Moon Audio IEM cable I've ever had, I don't know if previous iterations were braided or not.  Maybe someone with more experience with this brand can chime in.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #3,367 of 37,686
Sorry, my bad, i have some explaining to do... I thought they weren't removable/upgradable... And I failed to see it was a Moon Audio (rig is so nice, I forrgot to read the captions)...  Of course it's not braided cuz it's not a regular Westone cable... It looks TPU coated, like the cable of my VC02.. . .

Anyway, sorry people.. . That was embarrassing... . My bad..

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #3,368 of 37,686
Quote:
Sorry, my bad, i have some explaining to do... I thought they weren't removable/upgradable... And I failed to see it was a Moon Audio (rig is so nice, I forrgot to read the captions)...  Of course it's not braided cuz it's not a regular Westone cable... It looks TPU coated, like the cable of my VC02.. . .

Anyway, sorry people.. . That was embarrassing... . My bad..

No worries!  
beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #3,375 of 37,686
Quote:
They are designed to be open. More like mini-near field monitors as opposed to true 'in ear' monitors.

That sounds exotic.
And how do they fit? How is the seal? Do you just stuff the bore into your ear like that? Looks painful...
But on the other hand, these things cost so bloody much that (whoever builds them) won't make any stupid design choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back