Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #3,301 of 37,686
That's very interesting, I had no idea those existed. What's the reason for it bricking itself?

no idea, i find it another reason for the feds and the prison to get an extra buck from selling them, being that they have ultra restrictive firmware, i read somewhere that they charge up to 25$ just to fix it.

i think its another safety reason to prevent inmates from potentially stealing them, and selling them out.
with the Service days limit; that prevents that.

no idea, its a pity that i wont be able to make use of it, now just a interesting paperweight to show to others on the internet, because this is indeed something you dont see alot..

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #3,302 of 37,686
Is there no way to get it unlocked again?

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #3,303 of 37,686
Is there no way to get it unlocked again?

i cant seem to find a way legally to unlock it.

formatting via windows doesnt do anything; as i just get a window telling me Windows could not complete the format.

installing manually and thru the installer didnt do anything to it. its still stuck in v1.2 firmware

i even tried to put in Rockbox in it, did nothing.

i stated before, i read that the prison or something can charge 25$ if you want to unlock it, which isnt something im willing to pay, i dont find it worth it since i dont totally need the clip, other than admiring it and being a souvenir from my father.

im sure Sandisk can do something, but that relies on me having to ship it to them, etc etc.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #3,306 of 37,686
The Prison Clip should have a "P" at the end of the firmware number. It's firmware is made by these people here Advanced Technologies Group, LLC They have also made it so you can't just replace their firmware with stock firmware.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #3,309 of 37,686
Apr 5, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #3,310 of 37,686
Quote:

formatting via windows doesnt do anything; as i just get a window telling me Windows could not complete the format.

installing manually and thru the installer didnt do anything to it. its still stuck in v1.2 firmware

i stated before, i read that the prison or something can charge 25$ if you want to unlock it, which isnt something im willing to pay, i dont find it worth it since i dont totally need the clip, other than admiring it and being a souvenir from my father.

im sure Sandisk can do something, but that relies on me having to ship it to them, etc etc.

Times have changed..........these were the only headphones I thought they had in prison?

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #3,311 of 37,686
I think I'm now enough satisfied from my portable rig to stop my research :) Although Mimouille tries to corrupt me with their amazing rigs...

Rockboxed Sansa FuzeV2 µSD 64go > diyLOD with Elna caps & µUSB female > Pico Slim > EarSonics EM4

FuzeV2 : almost 25 hours baterrylife, sounds absolutely not great alone, due to an average amp section (bad to my ears, but I can understand those who like it). Rockbox is just the best OS ever. Very fast, a lot of options, usefull and free.
Pico Slim : Cornerstone of the rig, it gives all the needs of amplification of my lovely EM4. Extension, impact, volume, details, this is the panacea and the only condition to use a Fuze.
diyLOD : thanks to ClieOS for his tutorial, very usefull, I go further in adding an µUSB female to charge up with the same charger as my phone and all of it during while playback :) What else ?

Sorry for the quality of the photo, my passion for photography is not as important as audio :D

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #3,312 of 37,686
I think I'm now enough satisfied from my portable rig to stop my research :) Although Mimouille tries to corrupt me with their amazing rigs...

Rockboxed Sansa FuzeV2 µSD 64go > diyLOD with Elna caps & µUSB female > Pico Slim > EarSonics EM4

FuzeV2 : almost 25 hours baterrylife, sounds absolutely not great alone, due to an average amp section (bad to my ears, but I can understand those who like it). Rockbox is just the best OS ever. Very fast, a lot of options, usefull and free.
Pico Slim : Cornerstone of the rig, it gives all the needs of amplification of my lovely EM4. Extension, impact, volume, details, this is the panacea and the only condition to use a Fuze.
diyLOD : thanks to ClieOS for his tutorial, very usefull, I go further in adding an µUSB female to charge up with the same charger as my phone and all of it during while playback :) What else ?

Sorry for the quality of the photo, my passion for photography is not as important as audio :D

Well keep your pants up because the Tera does not match the Miracles too well actually, because of output impedance, but It matches the 1plus2 much better :)

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #3,313 of 37,686
Synergy, synergy, the cause of all our sorrows, all our joy. I will be more watchful on Head-Fi in the future, I need to improve my english.

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #3,315 of 37,686
Quote:

What you are trying to do could best be described as a Jail-break!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back