1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. NotKunvinced
    What pads are those? Do they affect the sound much?

2. gazzington
    I think they are called yaxi pads. They don't effect sound but they are more comfortable

NotKunvinced likes this.
  3. NotKunvinced
    Excellent Smithers!
    Where might one acquire them?

4. gazzington
    eBay old chap!

masterpfa and NotKunvinced like this.
  5. NotKunvinced
    Spiffing!

masterpfa likes this.
  6. Podster
  7. Dobrescu George
  8. MisterMudd
    You can also buy them directly off the Yaxi website. They give you a discount when you buy in pairs. That's where I got mine. Google it, it's easy to find.

Edit: just checked eBay and it is Yaxi in Japan. Offering the exact same deal. They must have expanded at some point in their marketing, cuz they used to be solely off of their own site. I'm buying me another set right now on eBay.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    NotKunvinced likes this.
  9. NotKunvinced
    Thanks, good to know.

10. Redcarmoose
    I did think of that famous song, but the title is because of the outside color of the IEM affecting what a person thinks of it. Strangely it’s both cool and warm (neutrality) simultaneously, due to some frequencies having a cool tilt combined with slight distortion we refer to as warmth here. It actually walks the middle so if the Noble Encore was orange maybe we would think of it as warm. Cheers!

Coincidentally my next review is titled “Crimson and Clover” due to the warm but yet organic green aura of the review IEM? :)

Podster likes this.
  11. noplsestar
    Now that is what I´d call a crazy cool interconnect! :)
    Speaking of which: Do you guys have a good suggestion for a short interconnect cable (3.5mm to 3.5mm) between my DAP and my portable VorzAMP that would carry the "best" sound quality from one device to the other?
    What about this one? http://vorzuge.com/product/oyaide-audio-cable-and-connector/?currency=EUR
    Or are there even "better" ones? Thanks for any help in that regard!

12. m-i-c-k-e-y
    My trusty setup for extended trips:

LG V20 -> Lightspeed Revive (USB Regen + Reclock) -> GO2Pro Signature EX -> Audio Zenith PMX2 rev. 2

[​IMG]

stuck limo, masterpfa and SteveOliver like this.
  13. one-eyed-xander
    8D270695-9CC4-47A3-A607-96E6399B242A.jpeg Summer is ending but the tunes aren’t. Here’s my current patio setup. IPad Pro streaming lossless hi-res to the Dragonfly Cobalt (maybe you can see it’s lit up blue) and then to the mighty CustomArt FIBAE 4.

M3NTAL, Double C, howdy and 1 other person like this.
  14. stereonerd
    How are you liking the cobalt? Is it a dap/dac replacement for you?

15. thesheik137
    Sunday listening
    IMG_20190825_160616.jpg

Double C likes this.