Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Mimouille
    IMG_20180208_110606.jpg

howdy, Tinnitus Man and Deftone like this.
  2. Deftone
    I can’t use the comply on mine I don’t like how they degrade the sound.

3. Mimouille
    How do they degrade the sound? On my the silicone sound a bit aggressive so far, the comply sounds smoother. But still undecided

4. Deftone
    To my ears the treble is smooth yet vibrant and never harsh but the comply dulls down the vibrancy a bit too much.

5. Mimouille
    Could you give me an example of track?

6. Deftone
    Sure

Havok - intention to deceive

The sound has a slight warm haze with the foam and the cymbals don’t pop as well as when using silicone.

7. Lourens
    It's my portable today IMG_20180208_214819.jpg

snapple10 likes this.
  8. Barra
    Wow..... you're good. I'm not used to anyone being able to provide a clear example when challenged. Good job.

Deftone likes this.
  9. Dark Helmet
  10. Dobrescu George
    I do not know what the output impedance is as I couldn't measure it, nor noticed anything about it in other reviews.

I can't say I can hear that much hiss with IT-01, maybe a bit, but then again, something like DK-3001 or ie80, which prenets hiss the easiest, still doesn't have enough hiss to bother me while music is playing.

Megamini has more hiss than most DAPs I heard to date (can't say it is the hissiest one, but it has more than the average), so if you're sensitive to hiss, it might not be best. I barely hear it at my typical listening volumes, which are high, so this is why I tend to not make a big deal out of it.,

Dark Helmet likes this.
  11. subguy812
    20180208_212005.jpg

12. Deftone
    Quick pic to join in on the IE800S love

F17A3A3E-45C3-4A35-8722-D306E5E0BA61.jpeg

13. subguy812
    My portable rig today...CA Harmony 8.2----Opus#1s 20180209_083244.jpg

PinkyPowers and kubig123 like this.