1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. EISENbricher
    Beautiful... just beautiful! Do you have any official high-res pic of the same product? Would love to keep it as wallpaper on my desktop.

2. HiFiChris Contributor

I was a little confused when I read "CD", but then I realised that the DAP in the picture is the tiny Plenue D. Now it makes sense. [​IMG]

3. RAFA

Great little player. It is a great treadoff between sound quality and battery time.

Just ripped the album :)

4. HiFiChris Contributor

Yes, indeed. Had one myself. Sold it though (lowest possible volume somewhat high for my usual listening levels with IEMs). Else, it was pretty impressive - clean output with close to none hiss, low output impedance, no roll-off in the lows anymore (older Cowon DAPs suffered from it).

Well, at least I took some unboxing pics as long as I still had it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 

5. RAFA

Nice pics! With what did you replace it?

6. HiFiChris Contributor
    @RAFA

Didn't replace it with anything, as it also didn't replace anything in my inventory, it was more meant as supplementation - I just bought it because the battery life, internal memory, low output impedance and SNR as well as the price were tempting. The most perfect stand-alone DAP (= without DAC/additional amp) for my personal standards is still the iBasso DX90. Short battery life though.

7. RAFA

If the DX90 is built like the DX50, you may be able to put in a larger battery. I tried the DX90 on a meet in Vienna and the impression was not bad, but it tended towards the dryer side of sound, with my 3DD.

However I liked the DX50.

8. EISENbricher
    IMG_20160311_231017.jpg

Late night, cool breeze and listening to Moonbeam with VE Monks and Xduoo X2.

Sorry fellow head-fiers but my mind refuses to believe things can get better than this!

Podster likes this.
  9. HiFiChris Contributor

What is a "3DD"?

Well, that's the sound I prefer, so the DX90 fits perfectly into what I was looking for (along with its extremely low amount of hiss even with extremely sensitive IEMs, fine-grained volume control, super low output impedance and the support of external memory). The battery life is no major problem for me though, as I am using it mainly at home (for traveling and on the go, I have different things).

I used to have the DX50 but put it up for sale within an hour or so after it arrived - way too much hiss for me with sensitive (but not extremely sensitive) IEMs plus a slight roll-off in the sub-bass with low impedance load. Really liked the fine-grained volume control along with the form factor though.

10. RAFA

Its this one: http://www.head-fi.org/t/649836/new-unique-melody-triple-dynamic-ciem-announced

Back then, when I had the DX50 I built a cable that connected a power bank and a 500gb hdd to the DX50. The cable was ugly, but it worked out. Still I never used it, since it was very impractical.

11. McGilli
    WP_20160311_14_58_41_Pro202_zpsgqkue6t9.jpg

My humble rig. Apart from listening I do a fair amount of live recording - so the ability to use AA batteries is a huge +.

12. ExpiredLabel
    Madness in a cup right there. 
    I still miss that exceptional piece of machine.
    I noticed to your using headphone out, while not bad, with LO it really shines! 
    If you can I completely recommend getting a Meir Corda 2sidestep or Quickstep which I read is also top notch. Either way, cannot go wrong with Meir.

13. gerelmx1986

MDR-1R? te same i am selling, didn't like their overly bright sound

14. willywill
    I didn't order a Y-splitter, they were to big, instead he put a small rubber band.
    Its very easy to adjust and it stay in place

15. h1f1add1cted
    Rig of the day [PAW 5000 > toslink connection > iFi micro iDSD > HD 800]

03.png