Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 29, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #18,482 of 37,611

Playing with and pairing the Chord Mojo with the AK100 (first gen).

That's absolutely gorgeous. And pretty much what I'm assembling right now. Just one question: what are those sexy sleek rubber bands there? Never seen bands like that - link?

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #18,483 of 37,611

That's absolutely gorgeous. And pretty much what I'm assembling right now. Just one question: what are those sexy sleek rubber bands there? Never seen bands like that - link?

They are rubber O-rings that you can buy from any hardware store or truck supplies store.  They come in various sizes.  Find one that fits your rig.

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #18,486 of 37,611
Testin' out the Nexus 6.  Eh...not that great unfortunately.

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #18,488 of 37,611
Those are the P versions, the comfort and seal is a hit or miss for different people but it does work surprisingly well for me without feeling painful. Out of the IEMs I have tried, the Etymotic definitely has the best seal and isolation (but this is ruined by its microphonic cable).

How could they be done that? Do you know who can do the mod? Thanks.

If comfort is a problem with ER4, you could always DIY the earphone yourself by buying a pair of SE535 shells, then solder a pair of Knowles ED 29689 drivers into it and pair it up with the right dampers + 25/75 ohm resistors. That would be a compromise without Etymotic's custom tuning, but you do kinda get the best of both worlds. It has been done and sold before:

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #18,489 of 37,611
The Oppo HA2 with the PM3 are a great combo, especially with the Ipod touch 5g streaming Tidal HIFI!

Howdy Howdy!

I want to be just like you when I grow up!  

beerchug.gif

I've been using the HA-2 and PM-3 with the Sony NWZ-A17 (and 128 GB microSD cards for playing my music library) but I'm getting an iPod Touch 6g for Christmas - solely for the purpose of streaming Tidal HiFi into the HA-2!  

How have you attached the iPod Touch 5g to your HA-2?   And what cable are you using? (I should probably just research your posts to this thread...)

Found it:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/18465#post_12115931

Thanks!

Mike

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #18,490 of 37,611
Howdy Howdy!

I want to be just like you when I grow up!  

:beerchug:

I've been using the HA-2 and PM-3 with the Sony NWZ-A17 (and 128 GB microSD cards for playing my music library) but I'm getting an iPod Touch 6g for Christmas - solely for the purpose of streaming Tidal HiFi into the HA-2!  

How have you attached the iPod Touch 5g to your HA-2?   And what cable are you using? (I should probably just research your posts to this thread...)

Found it:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/18465#post_12115931

Thanks!

Mike

I had the ha-2 and used it with my iPhone for the same reason that u want to use it with your iPod. I used a Lavri cable all silver USB to lighting cable that sounds amazing!

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #18,491 of 37,611

Challanged my self to see how cheap I could get a decent set up for. The total is 78 dollars for everything even the headphones off of ebay :). 128GB sd card and a 1300mAh battery running rockbox. Fiio E1 and vsonic vsd3s. 

Curious- how'd you get the microsd card in that nano?

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #18,494 of 37,611
That mini is a well designed piece with its form factor and aesthetic appeal. Design of gadgets is like fashion design, you have to deliver the aesthetic appeal other than quality of material. You don't see many toys designed these days with that aesthetic appeals, including those TOTL end gamers. In fact, many vendors are still trying very hard to simulate the function of or repeat the look of the click wheel. 

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #18,495 of 37,611
  That mini is a well designed piece with its form factor and aesthetic appeal. Design of gadgets is like fashion design, you have to deliver the aesthetic appeal other than quality of material. You don't see many toys designed these days with that aesthetic appeals, including those TOTL end gamers. In fact, many vendors are still trying very hard to simulate the function of or repeat the look of the click wheel. 

That's the reason i always end up going back to the classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back