Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 1, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #15,425 of 37,669
my never-get-bored TG334. Everytime i listen to it..i feel like thanks God for owing it..wonderful always 
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #15,427 of 37,669

I am so jealous. My T51 was broken. I tried to repair it and destroyed it in the process. :.(

Sorry to hear about your T51 loss, I recently destroyed a rare discontinued player from India I believe.

Used Cirrus CS4398 DAC, the sound was great. All I have left is a photo. 
mad.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #15,429 of 37,669

Tell me more about it. First time I see this beauty.

I believe I had a good old rant about the unit here once:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/703315/rhapsodio-an-overlooked-brand-of-nice-iems/285#post_11140146

Probably too much ranting as I was overly fascinated with the unit on arrival. It had this wonderful powerful presentation (maybe not exactly flat by default) which was allowing me to hear little nuisances in singers vocals, that extra bite which touches your soul as they push out and shape vocals in a song.  Far above that of a DX50 unit. Exclusively engaging.

This is why I was disappointed when it became ruined. You cannot buy them anymore, I've even had my friend in India look for this player,, discontinued years ago. Looks like it slipped past Head-Fi's radar too. 

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #15,430 of 37,669

I believe I had a good old rant about the unit here once:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/703315/rhapsodio-an-overlooked-brand-of-nice-iems/285#post_11140146

Probably too much ranting as I was overly fascinated with the unit on arrival. It had this wonderful powerful presentation (maybe not exactly flat by default) which was allowing me to hear little nuisances in singers vocals, that extra bite which touches your soul as they push out and shape vocals in a song.  Far above that of a DX50 unit. Exclusively engaging.

This is why I was disappointed when it became ruined. You cannot buy them anymore, I've even had my friend in India look for this player,, discontinued years ago. Looks like it slipped past Head-Fi's radar too. 

The most interesting fact is that they sold below 30€ at some point!

To me it kind of looks like a generic chinese rebranded MP4 player. Maybe I will find something similar, but with another name.

EDIT: did not find anything

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #15,431 of 37,669
My Latest:

The Rig:
*HTC Desire 816 Android phone playing 96kHz/24bit ALAC music files via USB Music Player Pro
*128GB Sandisk MicroSD card to store music on phone
*3M Dual Lock TB3550 black hook & loop tape on the HTC's case and DAC/AMP hold these
two in place
*Custom OTG cable connecting the phone and the DAC/AMP
*FiiO E07K DAC/AMP
*Westone 3 IEMs with Vater Percussion earplugs modified to use as earphone tips

The Extras:
*Moto 360 Champagne smartwatch using the built-in AndroidWare music control app
*Armpocket Mega i-40 armband case

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #15,432 of 37,669
Here is one of the signs that your into deep in hifi audio. J am watching the Super Bowl pregame I got out of my chair to get to the tv closer to look and see what kind of in ear monitors the hosts were using. I am into deep or i am just a dork.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #15,433 of 37,669
Here is one of the signs that your into deep in hifi audio. J am watching the Super Bowl pregame I got out of my chair to get to the tv closer to look and see what kind of in ear monitors the hosts were using. I am into deep or i am just a dork.

I'd say that is normal for our kind! :wink: But remember sponsorships and freebies are common in those circles.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #15,434 of 37,669

Totally normal. Even in movies I stop it as soon as someone is wearing a headphone and try checking out the brand/model - freaks my wife out....:)

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #15,435 of 37,669
Totally normal. Even in movies I stop it as soon as someone is wearing a headphone and try checking out the brand/model - freaks my wife out....:)

my girlfriend rips my phone out of my hand and says '' YOUR NOT GETTING THEM'' haha

and i too check out what headphones and earphones anyone in tv and movies are wearing lol. secretly lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back