Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #7,367 of 7,509
He does but I am one of the many owners. It's definitely something that you gotta be ready for. It's not gonna be for everyone. If you think you might be able to live with it and are aiming for the ultimate rig, you should definitely see if you can hear one. I love mine. My iPod Classic only gets use now for podcasts. Otherwise I use the Tera Player exclusively. It's a wonderful item and I highly recommend not counting it out till you've at least tried it. I 100% understand it's not gonna make everyone happy but I've come to know a certain kind of bliss since taking ownership of my Tera Player that makes me an extremely happy customer. 
Quote:
I think Mike from Headfonia has a review for them

If you dont have your music in lossless already or need something to really power hungry you may need to invest in your music collection before the Tera Player. For those with the power need, consider a portable amp that can do the job to pair it with, but it does a pretty decent job by itself. The reason for not a huge amount of power is that anything that needs a ridiculous amount of power isn't inherently portable, so it shouldnt need to be able to be powered from something meant to be highly portable. I have no complaints with how it powers my gear, but then again I dont have any power hungry items. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #7,368 of 7,509
Oct 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #7,369 of 7,509
This is really random, but I bought my dad an amp + headphone combo for his birthday this coming Friday thinking that it would suffice to just run music out of his iPad playing ALAC files. My mom just texted me saying that she was in Korea with my dad (I had no idea they were there o.O) and she asked me if there was anything I needed from Korea. It occurred to me that Cowon is a Korean company, so I asked her to pick me up an mp3 player. They're flying back tomorrow, so I need really quick suggestions for anything from the Cowon lineup. I have no idea about any of their products, and I would read the product reviews here but I have to reply to my mom within the next 30 minutes to an hour. Any suggestions? I think Cowon products are a lot cheaper in Korea.

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #7,370 of 7,509
This is really random, but I bought my dad an amp + headphone combo for his birthday this coming Friday thinking that it would suffice to just run music out of his iPad playing ALAC files. My mom just texted me saying that she was in Korea with my dad (I had no idea they were there o.O) and she asked me if there was anything I needed from Korea. It occurred to me that Cowon is a Korean company, so I asked her to pick me up an mp3 player. They're flying back tomorrow, so I need really quick suggestions for anything from the Cowon lineup. I have no idea about any of their products, and I would read the product reviews here but I have to reply to my mom within the next 30 minutes to an hour. Any suggestions? I think Cowon products are a lot cheaper in Korea.

See if they can find Cowon J3 if not.. Cowon Z2.

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #7,372 of 7,509
The J3 is a nice player to have for several reasons:

1. Perfect size for a pocket + it's lightweight
  2. EQ is fairly tweakable (can't be Rockboxed, but it's pretty good)
  3. Sound quality is very good
  4. Accepts lots of file formats (flac, wav, mp3, etc...)
  5. UI is adequate (gets the job done, but nothing to crow about)
  6. Memory is expandable (64gb sdhc cards have been successfully formatted to work in the J3)
  7. Has tactile buttons, allowing user to change volume and skip tracks while pocketed
  8. Battery life is ridiculous (I get 40+ hours using flac at 30/40 volume)

Ask your parents to buy a Ringke  silicon case with your player if it's not too late - they're the best cases for Cowon products on the market imo. Give us your feedback after you've had it for

awhile.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #7,373 of 7,509
Thanks H20Fidelity & stozzer123 I'll look into getting one of these.
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #7,375 of 7,509
Quote:

hfi-580 with braided cable. fuze mounted on e11 with velcro. great for walks.

Nice!!!
That rockboxed fuze looks good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back