Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 29, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #6,452 of 7,509
LOVE my WM-Z1060.  Continues to scale well with whatever headphones you pair with it.  Almost like a tube style amp on headphone out and from line out... you can tailor the sound with your amp and headphones.  It has replaced all of my iDevices as my DAP of choice.  Till I get my DX100 that is.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #6,453 of 7,509
Quote:
I'm thinking of building a 'budget-ie' rig that I can carry around pretty much everywhere and need to think of an DAP... I kinda have my eye on a Samsung Gal. Player 4.2... The reason being it has MicroSD expansion capability and GPS and all those useless gadgets. It'll be to replace an iPod Touch as my more budget rig that's the only reason why I want all the goodies. 
tongue.gif

Hard decision really...
The Sony is cheaper, but the Samsung has more goodies. :frowning2:

I'm a bit in that boat with ya'. I have my Lumia 900 for my communication needs and it's killer GPS app "Nokia Drive". I have my very budget friendly Sansa Fuze v.2 Rockboxed with a 16GB card. Soon to be 32. with a pair of Meelectronics M6's. Very budget friendly and awesome battery life.

I'm not sure I could call any rig with an iDevice, "budget". Just sayin'..

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #6,454 of 7,509
Quote:

I'm a bit in that boat with ya'. I have my Lumia 900 for my communication needs and it's killer GPS app "Nokia Drive". I have my very budget friendly Sansa Fuze v.2 Rockboxed with a 16GB card. Soon to be 32. with a pair of Meelectronics M6's. Very budget friendly and awesome battery life.

I'm not sure I could call any rig with an iDevice, "budget". Just sayin'..

'Budget-ie'... .lol
Less money burning than my other rigs... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now I need to think of an amp.... 
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #6,455 of 7,509
Quote:
'Budget-ie'... .lol
Less money burning than my other rigs... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now I need to think of an amp.... 
tongue.gif

Got one (well 2 ) for ya....

A nice backpack and a battery of some sort? (Sears Diehard?) Perfect!  
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #6,462 of 7,509
Aug 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #6,463 of 7,509
Quote:
I'm thinking of building a 'budget-ie' rig that I can carry around pretty much everywhere and need to think of an DAP... I kinda have my eye on a Samsung Gal. Player 4.2... The reason being it has MicroSD expansion capability and GPS and all those useless gadgets. It'll be to replace an iPod Touch as my more budget rig that's the only reason why I want all the goodies. 
tongue.gif

Hard decision really...
The Sony is cheaper, but the Samsung has more goodies. :frowning2:

If the Galaxy Player has the same DAC as the S2 I would advise against it... Terrible soundquality...

Quote:

Nice! What cans are those? How do they sound like?

Brainwavz HM3, They sound ok now, but they were terrible at first, they changed a lot with just 2 hours of use, I'd prefer to give them some more time to settle down before I judge them. Right now the sound is pretty close to my AKG K430, but the HM3 has slightly bigger soundstage, and has a bit more Clarity to it, but sounds a tad thinner overall... One thing I 've learned in the short time I've owned them, is not to A-B them against my ES10... Who'd think that a €32 headphone and a €599 headphone would be such a huge difference :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back