Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #6,032 of 7,509
Quote:

My new humble portable setup that I'm quite fond of at the moment.
beyersmile.png
Used mainly at the office.

Beyerdynamic DT1350
Ipod Touch 4g 32GB with Hardcandy case
Ibasso D2+Boa
ALO Copper 22 LOD
ALO White Straps

Looks great!

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #6,033 of 7,509
Quote:
Looks great!

Thanks! I'm still in the process of burning everything in, the headphones have about 80 hours on them and the little amp only has about 30, still a long way to go but sounding excellent so far.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #6,034 of 7,509
Quote:
So after seeing all these awesome rigs, I got inspired to share mine. Here is my portable/home rig, 

ipod video 5g -- ALO vampire lod --- RSA p-51 -- beyer dt1350 

and my home set-up, 

including the magnumed sr325s

My next purchase will probably be the ALO CLAS, just to squish the curiosity bug. Still can't decide if I should get a desktop rig (been eyeing the Burson HA-160D) or upgrade the portable rig.... decisions, decisions,.....(as wallet contents deplete).

really nice! where did you get that see through body for your iPod? i don't think i'm comfortable enough to try to do something like that to mine but it looks great. how would you say the Beyer's fair in a home use environment? i'm trying to use them a portable and home solution. what i mean is, why don't you use them for both home and on the go?

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #6,035 of 7,509

Current rig  HM-601 (playing 24 bit), GS Voyager (via Line out and Kimber cable), and T-50Ps, which
are changing sound whilst breaking in unlike any piece of equipment I have known in 30 years.
On some of my many copies of My Generation on LP.
Other pieces of kit change but the Voyager remains a constant in my rig, always on
flat,never contour.

Something patriotic for a change.
Rule Britannia
Up yours Morrissey!

photos by Nokia N8

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #6,036 of 7,509
Very nice rig!
Would love me a couple of those London 2012 bands!

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #6,037 of 7,509
I'll pick some up for head-fi'rs

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #6,039 of 7,509
Quote:
really nice! where did you get that see through body for your iPod? i don't think i'm comfortable enough to try to do something like that to mine but it looks great. how would you say the Beyer's fair in a home use environment? i'm trying to use them a portable and home solution. what i mean is, why don't you use them for both home and on the go?

Thanks man!
I got the ipod clear panel here, 
http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/1641-ivue-clear-panel-video-kit-full.html
It's a bit tricky, but I had fixed some ipods before, so I am pretty comfortable opening those suckers. 

Don't give me wrong, the beyers are great at home as well, but I use them more on the go because at home my magnumed grados are my cup of tea. Since the magnum's are open air, they stay at home. The magnum's level of detail and instrument separation is what makes them my favorite. I just bought a CLAS and I know the ibasso is supposed to be a better all around choice, but I am not too fond of its aesthetics and I like the ipod UI too much, so I went for the CLAS. We'll see if I keep it or sell it! 

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #6,040 of 7,509
Quote:
Thanks man!
I got the ipod clear panel here, 
http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/1641-ivue-clear-panel-video-kit-full.html
It's a bit tricky, but I had fixed some ipods before, so I am pretty comfortable opening those suckers. 

Don't give me wrong, the beyers are great at home as well, but I use them more on the go because at home my magnumed grados are my cup of tea. Since the magnum's are open air, they stay at home. The magnum's level of detail and instrument separation is what makes them my favorite. I just bought a CLAS and I know the ibasso is supposed to be a better all around choice, but I am not too fond of its aesthetics and I like the ipod UI too much, so I went for the CLAS. We'll see if I keep it or sell it! 

oh sweet! i might give it a go if i'm feeling lucky one day. good to know the Beyers will perform in both areas, but i understand what you mean about the openness. i'm using ATH-AD700's at home, but they're equalized to make up for the lack of bass. they sound fantastic now, but i'm excited to know i won't need to EQ the 1350 so i can literally have my setup on the go. that's the goal, anyway. i'm running my headphones through an E09K + E17 combo. i recently rockboxed my iPod classic. i like that UI much better since i'm really picky on knowing years for albums. i'll post pics of my setup once the Beyers arrive.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #6,041 of 7,509
My current portable Samsung players Yp-R1, Galaxy Tab 2 7 and JVC FX-D80

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #6,044 of 7,509
Quote:
oh sweet! i might give it a go if i'm feeling lucky one day. good to know the Beyers will perform in both areas, but i understand what you mean about the openness. i'm using ATH-AD700's at home, but they're equalized to make up for the lack of bass. they sound fantastic now, but i'm excited to know i won't need to EQ the 1350 so i can literally have my setup on the go. that's the goal, anyway. i'm running my headphones through an E09K + E17 combo. i recently rockboxed my iPod classic. i like that UI much better since i'm really picky on knowing years for albums. i'll post pics of my setup once the Beyers arrive.

How is the E09K + E17 combo? It looks and sounds like a great bang for your buck. Also, what is rockboxing an ipod?

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #6,045 of 7,509
Just waiting on the last pieces of my new portable rig to show up.

Presently Galaxy S3 --> USB Audio into E7 --> Senn HD25-1 II.

Next week: Galaxy S3 --> USB audio into HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/amp --> Beyerdynamic T5p.

(and before anyone says anything about the T5p not really being portable, they are for me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back