Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #5,791 of 7,509
Quote:
I would like to compliment your rig and photography skills. That player is something I could only dream of owning.
You're very lucky.

Thank you very much - And I appreciate that player every single day, for 6-8 hours at a time. The shot also shows my work rig, my home rig and very close to my entire list of head-fi gear... Sold off pretty much everything else to get there and after getting the DX100 I don't miss having a home rig at all. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #5,792 of 7,509
That's great to hear man. I have Aurisonics AS-2's and I have a feeling I'm heading down the same path. I have heard the DX100 and it quickly blew me away while I took a listen. Really hope to see the firmware improve as I save up the funds to get one. It's gonna be a great day when I get that.
Quote:
Thank you very much - And I appreciate that player every single day, for 6-8 hours at a time. The shot also shows my work rig, my home rig and very close to my entire list of head-fi gear... Sold off pretty much everything else to get there and after getting the DX100 I don't miss having a home rig at all. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #5,793 of 7,509
Quote:
That's great to hear man. I have Aurisonics AS-2's and I have a feeling I'm heading down the same path. I have heard the DX100 and it quickly blew me away while I took a listen. Really hope to see the firmware improve as I save up the funds to get one. It's gonna be a great day when I get that.

The firmware has it's quirks but I recently found out how to fix the ultra-annoying bug with tracks not being listed in order. A huge improvement as that was by far my biggest gripe with it. But everything is forgiven once the music plays... 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #5,794 of 7,509
I have a diyMod on it's way with internal caps and a 240gb HDD. That's the last rig before I go for an ultra-high end DAP. I at least want to have something that's high quality that can hold all my music before I go and get a device I may have to make some sacrifices to my library. I'm just debating the Tera Player, HM 901 or DX100. Only heard the DX100 and seen the HM-901 dummy unit, but I think I would enjoy the interface of the HM-901 over the other two, and the Tera Player just seems like it would be nice to have something that is high end and ultra small. It'd be an ultimate rig with a pair of high end customs.
Quote:
The firmware has it's quirks but I recently found out how to fix the ultra-annoying bug with tracks not being listed in order. A huge improvement as that was by far my biggest gripe with it. But everything is forgiven once the music plays... 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #5,795 of 7,509
Quote:
I have a diyMod on it's way with internal caps and a 240gb HDD. That's the last rig before I go for an ultra-high end DAP. I at least want to have something that's high quality that can hold all my music before I go and get a device I may have to make some sacrifices to my library. I'm just debating the Tera Player, HM 901 or DX100. Only heard the DX100 and seen the HM-901 dummy unit, but I think I would enjoy the interface of the HM-901 over the other two, and the Tera Player just seems like it would be nice to have something that is high end and ultra small. It'd be an ultimate rig with a pair of high end customs.

I was worried about the capacity of the DX100 but with the 64gb internal and a 32gb microSD (64gb works as well) I have no problems loading all the music I actually listen to - this even includes several albums in 24/96 and some in 24/192. For instance, I just bought the soundtrack to The Dark Knight Rises in 24/192. 2.66gb right there...

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #5,796 of 7,509
Quote:
Thanks guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Took a long path of upgrades before I ended up here, but it was totally worth it. I use it all day every day at work so unlike many full sized rigs at home, this actually gets some ear time :)
The camera was my DSLR with a flash bounced against the ceiling. For close-up shots of the Heirs, check out my review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/heir-audio-8-a/reviews/7121

Sweet.. So sweet. 

What's "niemals"?

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #5,797 of 7,509
Quote:

Have you posted pics of the Aurisonics yet?

How's their sound, build quality? Driveability?

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #5,798 of 7,509
Quote:
Sweet.. So sweet. 

What's "niemals"?

"Niemals" is german for "Never" - from the Rammstein song "Haifisch". In typical Rammstein fashion, "Niemals still" can both mean "never quiet" and "never at rest/always moving". I have ADHD so it seemed fitting for my customs 
wink.gif
. I love how Rammstein are always playing with the words in their lyrics, they seem especially fond of dualism, where one sentence can mean two different things. Best example is probably "Du hast" where "Du hast mich" both means "You have me" and "You hate me". 

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #5,799 of 7,509

My humble rig...........Also just playing with my new camera!

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #5,801 of 7,509

Same old rig : DIYmod Ipod video 5g - internal Elna Cerafine caps - 128gb CF card > TTVJ Slim.

New LOD and IEM cable. Both made with Toxic Cables OCC silver.

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #5,802 of 7,509
Hey Feigeibomber,

Didn't notice much difference in sound from the original cable with this one. But it is a lot sturdier and it was quite cheap from ebay.
Connectors do not hold on very well though. I have a small piece of clear tape holding them on.

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #5,803 of 7,509
Quote:

Same old rig : DIYmod Ipod video 5g - internal Elna Cerafine caps - 128gb CF card > TTVJ Slim.

New LOD and IEM cable. Both made with Toxic Cables OCC silver.

Link to the card? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #5,805 of 7,509
Quote:
Sorry dude, I bought it a fair few months ago from ebay. The seller has not had anything up for ages now. This is the make: 128GB AXTREMEX UDMA COMPACT FLASH MEMORY CARD

Thanks! Wow, there's an almost $400 difference between the name brands and off brands like these. $149 isn't too bad, but there's no way I'd pay $400+ for one, I'd just stick with a hard drive. How are the read/write speeds compared to the stock iPod hard drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back