Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #5,687 of 7,509
Quote:
Still waiting for my custom red 3.5mm to 3.5mm from Milian Acoustics. No LOD for me.

Why no LOD?  There are some pretty decent Sansa LODs available at a price that wont break the bank. I have a Fiio LOD that was dead cheap ($10-ish), works great but the cable is a bit too long for my liking. I also have one from ebay that was even cheaper, It looks nice, but it was a DOA. And I have a custom LOD (of which the ebay dud was a cheap chinese clone) that was a bit more expensive ($50-ish iirc) but is really nice.

I like the sound of my Fuze better when I feed it into my amp via LOD. Although the difference is not that big...

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #5,688 of 7,509
Quote:
Man some of you guys are hardcore audiophile. I can't imagine spending that much on a portable rig, but that don't mean I won't go that route soon. 

Here's my simple portable setup. Still waiting for my custom red 3.5mm to 3.5mm from Milian Acoustics. No LOD for me.

My friend has basically the same setup! Just swap the source for an iPod touch 1g. Yes a 1g, that thing was built like a tank!

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #5,689 of 7,509
Quote:
Man, nice cables...I wonder where he got them...
evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif

I have a similar rig to Rodrigo's, but SR-71B and UM Miracles instead. Will post a picture in the morning, will have to remove all the cables first though.

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #5,690 of 7,509
Quote:

Why no LOD?  There are some pretty decent Sansa LODs available at a price that wont break the bank. I have a Fiio LOD that was dead cheap ($10-ish), works great but the cable is a bit too long for my liking. I also have one from ebay that was even cheaper, It looks nice, but it was a DOA. And I have a custom LOD (of which the ebay dud was a cheap chinese clone) that was a bit more expensive ($50-ish iirc) but is really nice.

I like the sound of my Fuze better when I feed it into my amp via LOD. Although the difference is not that big...

I went with the 3.5mm to 3.5mm because I can get a low profile look with right angle plugs.
I have the FiiO L6, and there's not a big enough of a difference for me to go the LOD route, right now.
A few months from now I might switch it up if I decide to go with higher end stuff, I already started looking for someone to build me a custom LOD.

Quote:
My friend has basically the same setup! Just swap the source for an iPod touch 1g. Yes a 1g, that thing was built like a tank!

Before the fuze I was using my ipod touch, but the fear of cracking my screen made me swap it for the fuze. I'm still trying out other source, I've been wanting to try a cowon x7 for a while, but for now the fuze if good enough.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #5,692 of 7,509
No changes, just playin with a new camera

second photo shows my es5's inside the monitor vault with the clip zip - its possible to leave in 1 piece of padding and still fit them, though at that point its just as easy to remove both and probably wont matter. 

recently decided to sell my LCD-2's in favor of this rig.  technically i will also keep the O2 and ODAC that ran both sets of headphones, but only so i can have cleaner sound when using my computer.  Otherwise, this little powerhouse is my favorite rig of all time.

CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR BIGGER AND HIGHER QUALITY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back