Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 11, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #5,656 of 7,509
I believe the correct term is oxidizing. It's a common thing with cables like that. Mine is already starting to green after only two and a half months. Their is lots of debate but it seems that their really isn't any noticeable difference in the sound caused by the greening, so it's more of an aesthetic preference if he decides to go for a new cable. It's annoying, but it's a common theme with those cables, gotta just live with it
Quote:

I think you need a new IEM cable. It's greening.

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5,658 of 7,509
Quote:
I believe the correct term is oxidizing. It's a common thing with cables like that. Mine is already starting to green after only two and a half months. Their is lots of debate but it seems that their really isn't any noticeable difference in the sound caused by the greening, so it's more of an aesthetic preference if he decides to go for a new cable. It's annoying, but it's a common theme with those cables, gotta just live with it

thank you for correcting me, I used greening for a more non-technical term. It's an aesthetic preference but if the person is OC then might as well change the cable into black.

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #5,659 of 7,509
Quote:
The workout rig optimized for portability.  Apple Nano to Ray Samuels Shadow to JH16s.

The RSA Shadow is TINY!!!!! 
eek.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #5,660 of 7,509
My transportable rig:  [COLOR=FF0000]JH13 PRO + iPod Classic 7G + Cypher Labs AlogoRhythm Solo + Alo RX MK3-B with full Toxic Cables cabling![/COLOR]

]

Rodrigo 

Sweet rig. I have virtually the same except Jh16, whiplash TWAg and Qusp Picolino interconnects. The toxic stuff looks great though. Very nice.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #5,663 of 7,509
Quote:
The workout rig optimized for portability.  Apple Nano to Ray Samuels Shadow to JH16s.

This seems a great ultra portable rig.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #5,668 of 7,509
I don't think anyone has posted this yet, However ALO Audio has created a website where you can send in photos of you and your portable audio setup, where they will then post them onto their blog. They already have 4 examples on this page. Note that they specifically say "It is not exclusive to ALO cables and amps", So you can send anything in! However all the examples they show have ALO cables and amps :/

http://aloaudio.com/mysetup.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back