Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #5,612 of 7,509
ALO Made the Rx MK3-B for the CLAS....so yes, you are most definitely correct. Unfortunately the Rx doesn't pair well with my CIEM's, otherwise I'd own one right now. 
Quote:
I sware the CLAS and the RX mkIII were made for each other! Physically and sonically. Those awesome cables and customs just complete it

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #5,615 of 7,509
Quote:
My "Portable" setup

I really hope you're triple amping, or at least double amping with some sort of transformer isolation or step down (or up???) in the middle.  Also, is that a tape player?

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #5,617 of 7,509
Quote:
My transportable rig:  JH13 PRO + iPod Classic 7G + Cypher Labs AlogoRhythm Solo + Alo RX MK3-B with full Toxic Cables cabling!

Rodrigo 

My dream setup right there. I had one like that once.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #5,618 of 7,509
My two new cables arrived today, it may not be so portable anymore but they sound excellent compared to the L8 I was using.

The cable used is Canare bought through an ebay seller who makes them privately. The amp and Clip+ run much smoother at higher volumes. A lot more detail!

I also have a solid silver cable from the same selller but prefer the copper atm.

Great quality!

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #5,619 of 7,509
Absolutely yes. My Aurisonics AS-2 prototypes are sensitive and the volume control is off with the Rx MK3. I tried it an it was imbalanced for a bit at the lower volumes which is the only ones I would use for normal listening. I've been considering the CLAS but it's pretty big and I havent figured out what amp I would use with it if I did have one.
Quote:
Oh ok, I didn't know that haha. And what do you mean it doesn't pair well? Your CIEM's are suited better to another amp?

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #5,620 of 7,509
Quote:
My two new cables arrived today, it may not be so portable anymore but they sound excellent compared to the L8 I was using.
The cable used is Canare bought through an ebay seller who makes them privately. The amp and Clip+ run much smoother at higher volumes.
I also have a solid silver cable from the same selller but prefer the copper atm.
Great quality!

Too Fine!

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #5,622 of 7,509
Quote:
I bet that sounds amazing! Looks stunning. You sir, are a lucky fellow.

Hi cogsand gears, thank you very much =) Two years ago I was starting my headphone trip with a Sony EX500 and a iPod Video 30GB... Always saving the nice rigs pictures from head-fi topics and dreaming one day buy a amp and a nice headphone, I`m really happy with what I own right now and how I learned with this hobbie. I love your wood mecanical and old style iPod Cases =P

Quote:
I sware the CLAS and the RX mkIII were made for each other! Physically and sonically. Those awesome cables and customs just complete it

Hi AyeCee, yes they were made to be a couple =P

Quote:

My dream setup right there. I had one like that once.

Hi Austin Morrow, nice to know you liked it. I folow your site, reviews and love your pictures! =) Take Care

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #5,623 of 7,509
Quote:

I really hope you're triple amping, or at least double amping with some sort of transformer isolation or step down (or up???) in the middle.  Also, is that a tape player?

nope... it`s only single amping , only pratical devices xm4 do amping section. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Iriver ihp120 > optical out > Ibasso D12 as a DAC > passive buffer aka AAC aka filter caps > Piccolino cable to XM4 > Impedance Adaptor > Crossroads HR1

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #5,624 of 7,509
Quote:

nope... it`s only single amping , only pratical devices xm4 do amping section. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Iriver ihp120 > optical out > Ibasso D12 as a DAC > passive buffer aka AAC aka filter caps > Piccolino cable to XM4 > Impedance Adaptor > Crossroads HR1

I love how it actually makes sense XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back