Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #4,996 of 7,509
Picked up a pair of the new Philips Uptowns today to try 'em out. So far I'm very intrigued. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #4,997 of 7,509
May 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #4,999 of 7,509
I have a couple of Philips headphones and IEM myself, they're pretty much the only affordable models i can find where i live (Brazil) and i gotta say, they sound pretty good for the money, especially the IEM, decent soundstage, punchy bass.

This one looks confy.
Quote:
Picked up a pair of the new Philips Uptowns today to try 'em out. So far I'm very intrigued. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #5,005 of 7,509
Quote:
Hey could you possibly stack the M10 and the PB2 so I can get an idea of size? It's always hard to judge from pictures and specs.

Here you go!  

(I don't use them like this, by the way - just honoring your request.)

It's hard to tell from these pictures, but the Sony PCM-M10 is not quite as thick as the iBasso PB2, but it's longer and wider.

Edit:  The interconnect is made by Milian Acoustics - SPOFC, Kevlar sleeved, with Switchcraft 1/8-inch plugs.  I've had it for 18 months, with lots of daily wear and tear, but the Kevlar has held up very well, not surprisingly, I suppose.  And speaking of wear and tear, I'm amazed that the Line Out jack on the PCM-M10 has survived all the tugging and pulling it has suffered in that time. I think the right-angle connector applies less leverage than would a straight connector.

Mike

May 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #5,006 of 7,509
Dale of Aurisonics Surprised me :) Now my portable rig is complete until I get more of the Chris_Himself cables I ordered.

iPod 7th Gen --> Chris_Himself Silver Ray LOD --> HeadAmp Pico Slim --> Stock Aurisonics Cable --> Aurisonics AS Series Custom IEMs

EDIT: Another picture that might look better for people:

May 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #5,007 of 7,509
Quote:
Dale of Aurisonics Surprised me :) Now my portable rig is complete until I get more of the Chris_Himself cables I ordered.

iPod 7th Gen --> Chris_Himself Silver Ray LOD --> HeadAmp Pico Slim --> Stock Aurisonics Cable --> Aurisonics AS Series Custom IEMs

EDIT: Another picture that might look better for people:

How are the Aurisonics? I've been chomping at the bit for customs and I'd forgotten about those.

May 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #5,008 of 7,509

Not exactly portable outside of the house but more a walk around the house rig. My actual portable rig is too embarrassing to put on headfi.

Rockboxed clip zip 36gb -> sr80i's with l cush pads

Next item is probably a fiio e11 and maybe some good iem's 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #5,010 of 7,509
These are prototypes i believe, but when they are released I promise you cant go wrong with them. Had them since last night and already had a two hour session where my ears didn't hurt one bit, i felt like i wasnt wearing a thing, the AS-2b's were just an extension of my ears, Chrome extensions though. If you read my post about when I got them in the Aurisonics impressions thread, you would see that Dale upgraded my set to have the chroming and the new model for consumer feedback. I emailed him this morning about the aesthetics. It was lengthy, but all good stuff. The cable is wonderful, easy to coil and not retaining the coil when unwound, making it not have any weird curves that hit you when you wear them. Definitely loving them and will be doing a review soon. Keep your eyes open in the next few weeks. 
Quote:
How are the Aurisonics? I've been chomping at the bit for customs and I'd forgotten about those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back